Notes from mozilla.org planning meeting on 5/6

davidwboswell

May 6, 2010, 2:56:26 PM5/6/10
Notes from mozilla.org planning meeting on 5/6

present: davidwboswell, juan, chris, fantasai, reed

- P1 Bugs

There is no update on the l10n infrastructure work and Reed is going
to follow up with Alex to find out the status. The overflow issue is
still a top priority but we need to get a better idea of what's going
to happen with a potential redesign of the header before fixing it.

- Content

David reviewed the content changes that have happened since the last
meeting, including the merging of the Causes and About sections,
creation of a Parks section and creation of a Directory page.

We then discussed how to move forward with continuing to improve site
pages with the conversation focused mostly on ideas about the
Community and Projects sections. There are wiki page tracking ideas
for both of those, so feel free to look at what's already been
suggested or suggest new ideas at:

https://wiki.mozilla.org/Mozilla.org/Community
https://wiki.mozilla.org/Mozilla.org/Projects_section

- Design

The goal is still to redesign the home page and use that new design to
sync up other top-level pages, but the timing on this still needs to
be sorted out.

- Other

We talked about some technical issues with a redirect not working and
with finding a better way to deploy and track promotional items we put
on the site. David asked if installing a tool would help with this
(in basic research he came across openx.org as a possibility) and Reed
said it should also be possible to do some custom PHP to get what we
want.