Notes from mozilla.org planning meeting on 4/1

davidwboswell

Apr 1, 2010, 4:23:56 PM4/1/10
Notes from mozilla.org planning meeting on 4/1

present: tara, davidwboswell, sheppy, slater, elika, reed, kairo

- Content

John Slater gave an update on the ongoing Mozilla web universe work
going on. An information architecture project is getting started now
that will help us map out the major sites in the community and this
will be followed with a redesign of the www.mozilla.org home page.
Happy Cog will be working with us on both of these. Both projects
will also be conducted in the open so there will be plenty of
opportunities for feedback and input.

The IA project is not looking at the structure of www.mozilla.org and
the home page project is also not a site-wide design project, but this
might be an opportunity to address some site structure issues.
Specifically, David suggested that we merge the Causes and About
sections together since information about our mission is central to
what we do and it's not working as a separate section. We'll aim to
sync this with the redesign since it will change the links in the
global header.

- Localization

Reed gave a update about the work with staging gettext files that Alex
is doing. When there's something the community can look at we'll send
more news around.

- Stats

To help us prepare for the home page design, we've just posted a
survey that's linked to from the home page and asks what people are
looking for and if they found it. The survey is still gathering
like to help us go through the data, let us know.

- Archiving/Migrating

Sheppy mentioned that potential plans to hire a new documentation
person are moving forward and can help speed up our migrating effort.