Notes from www.mozilla.org planning meeting on 6/4

davidwboswell

Jun 4, 2009, 8:03:32 PM6/4/09
Notes from www.mozilla.org planning meeting on 6/4

Present: david, sheppy, GPHemsley, reed, ss, deepa, cilias, robert,
morgamic

- Deploying New Design

We discussed a new timeline for deploying the redesign and settled on
the end of June as a target. Reed's time is going to free up some
after the move is completed so things should start moving forward
after the move is completed.

The other deployment issues were discussed and we identified ways that
people can get involved and move things forward. There was also a
discussion about how to set up the web site on a local machine and we
identified this as something that needs to be documented. We also
mentioned that preserving the CVS history in the migration to SVN was
important.

- Archiving, Migrating and Updating Content

At this point most of the archiving work is completed and most of the
remaining pages that need attention are pages that should be migrated
to MDC. Sheppy is going to think about how to handle this and he
mentioned that getting information that would help him prioritize
things would be helpful. We discussed posting about this to get
feedback and also looking at the site stats to see which directories
are getting the most traffic. Deepa said she'd pull some stats
together.

- Localization

We skipped this section since fantasai was not at the meeting.

- Analyzing Stats

Deepa has recently volunteered to lead our stats effort. She has
identified that our Urchin configuration needs to be updated and Reed
said he'll have time to look into this next week. Deepa has started
compiling some stats and has posted them on the wiki and is interested
in hearing what other stats about the site people would be interested
in.

- Getting New People Involved

David mentioned that if anyone has a project they need help with they
can let him know and he can work with new volunteers to get them
involved with helping out.