Time to translate documentation!

Sheppy

Mar 27, 2008, 4:24:16 PM3/27/08
The developer documentation for Firefox 3 is largely settled down now,
so it's a good time to get translation work done.

We have a number of key pages that would really be great to get
translated into as many languages as possible:

http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/Firefox_3_for_developers
(This one is available in our most popular languages, but please check
to be sure your translation is current; in particular, French is
clearly very out of date)

http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/Updating_extensions_for_Firefox_3
(Currently only in French, Japanese, Polish, and Korean, and the
Korean isn't a complete translation yet)

http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/Updating_web_applications_for_Firefox_3
(Currently only in French, Japanese, and Polish)

http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/New_in_JavaScript_1.8
(Currently pretty well covered, but needs to be checked to be sure
it's up to date in all languages)

http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/XUL_improvements_in_Firefox_3
(Currently only in Spanish, French, and Japanese)

http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/Extension_Versioning%2C_Update_and_Compatibility#Securing_Updates
(Currently only in Spanish, French, Japanese, and Korean, and may need
updating in those languages)

http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/Localization_and_Plurals
(Currently only in Japanese)

http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/FUEL (and subpages)
(Currently in Spanish, French, and Japanese)

http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/Notable_bugs_fixed_in_Firefox_3
(Currently in Spanish, French, Japanese, and Polish)

It would also be nice to get the Places Migration Guide translated,
but since it's not actually finished yet, I don't think it's
necessarily the best use of your time right now.

Eric Shepherd
Developer Documentation Lead
Mozilla Corporation

Atsushi Shimono

Mar 28, 2008, 2:25:07 PM3/28/08
to Sheppy, dev...@lists.mozilla.org
hi,

On Fri, Mar 28, 2008 at 5:24 AM, Sheppy <the.s...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The developer documentation for Firefox 3 is largely settled down now,
> so it's a good time to get translation work done.

neat!

> We have a number of key pages that would really be great to get
> translated into as many languages as possible:

as announced to this list recently, you can use one of our bot
http://mdc.mozilla.gr.jp/bot/relst/fx3docs.cgi
for checking the over-all status of ff3 related docs (on mdc).

this bot will be avail for nearly a month until we switch to deki from mw.
sorry but we currently have no plan for bots after that.

regards,
--
Atsushi Shimono - shi...@mozilla.gr.jp
http://www.mozilla.gr.jp/~shimono/blog/