Convert OOo .dic to .xpi

Raivis Dejus

Dec 1, 2006, 9:17:39 AM12/1/06
to dev-...@lists.mozilla.org
Hello!

A while ago some good man helped me to convert Latvian openoffice.org .dic
dictionary file to .xpi for use in Firefox.

CAn anyone do this again with the new version:
http://heanet.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/openoffice-lv/lv_LV-0.7.zip

P.S. If you point me to the link/tool that does this convertation I would be
most grateful...

Have a nice day ;)

--
Raivis Dejus - aka - orvils
+ 371 26457260

Cameron

Dec 1, 2006, 9:23:13 AM12/1/06
to dev-...@lists.mozilla.org
http://benjamin.smedbergs.us/dictionary-packager/

I should really get around to writing a doc for this :(

Rimas Kudelis

Dec 3, 2006, 6:16:24 AM12/3/06
Labdien! ;)

Raivis Dejus wrote:
> A while ago some good man helped me to convert Latvian openoffice.org .dic
> dictionary file to .xpi for use in Firefox.
>
> CAn anyone do this again with the new version:
> http://heanet.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/openoffice-lv/lv_LV-0.7.zip
>

> P.S. If you point me to the link/tool that does this convertation I
> would be
> most grateful...

Here's the tool: http://benjamin.smedbergs.us/dictionary-packager/.
Just bookmark it and then happy usage! ;)

You supply unzipped lv_LV.aff and lv_LV.dic files to it, and it feeds
you with a .xpi, which you can then submit to addons.mozilla.org.

You can even unzip the .xpi look at its internals, and modify the
makefile of your Latvian dictionary, so that it generates a proper
.xpi with each make. At least this is what I was going to do with the
lt_LT dictionary (haven't done yet, though).

Regards,

RQ