FFx 2 RC2 testing today

Tim Riley

Oct 3, 2006, 1:30:27 PM10/3/06
to Mozilla QA, Carsten Book, Axel Hecht, deletes...@yandex.ru
The L10n builds were completed last night. So here are the key things
we need to focus on testing today:

* Test the Tier 1 locales: de, en-GB, es-ES, fr, ja, ja-JP-mac, pl
* Any other locales with significant non-help changes
* Test extensions
* Bug verifications
* Plug-in testing

Meet us in IRC #qa or reply to this posting if you can help. We are
capturing test results here:

http://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox:2.0_QA_Activities#RC2_Testing

Testing completed:
* Smoketests
* Windows BFT
* Top sites

--Tim

evannak_khmeros

Oct 13, 2006, 5:13:45 AM10/13/06
to dev-...@lists.mozilla.org
Dear firefox dev,
i see there is no xpi file in firefox2.0rc2. what's happening? it's hard
for me to localize without xpi. anyway, i can see only jar file and some
other files.and my question is how can i get po file from jar file?
cheers firefox,
Vannak

Michael Wolf

Oct 16, 2006, 3:54:41 PM10/16/06
evannak_khmeros napisa:

A xpi file contains the jar file and additionally a file named
install.rdf that makes the language pack installable. A jar file is a
type of zip file like a xpi file as well. Well, extract your jar file,
locale the the contained files into your language repack the jar file
and pack the jar file with the file install.rdf to the xpi file. But,
anyhow I read if you want to translate by po files you can do it by the
tool moz2po. I don't use po files. But here are 3 links that perhaps
will help you:

http://translate.sourceforge.net/wiki/toolkit/creating_mozilla_pot_files
http://translate.sourceforge.net/wiki/toolkit/moz2po
http://translate.sourceforge.net/wiki/mozillacvs

Finally, I send you an example of an install.rdf.

install.rdf

Eng Vannak

Nov 2, 2006, 8:54:21 PM11/2/06
to Michael Wolf, dev-...@lists.mozilla.org
បានសរសេរ Michael Wolf:

thanks for your reply. as i follow the link and now i've done it
already. what i want to know more is that which file that i should
change in order to change firefox name. for example after we install
firefox we may have "Shortcut to firefox" icon on desktop and folder
"mozilla firefox" in "c:/program files"
looking foreward to hearing from you all,
vannak

Michael Wolf

Nov 3, 2006, 5:41:42 AM11/3/06
Eng Vannak napisa:

> thanks for your reply. as i follow the link and now i've done it
> already. what i want to know more is that which file that i should
> change in order to change firefox name. for example after we install
> firefox we may have "Shortcut to firefox" icon on desktop and folder
> "mozilla firefox" in "c:/program files"
> looking foreward to hearing from you all,
> vannak

I think the best thing is to make an installer version or zip version.
Teh xpi is for language packs only and contains the localizable strings
only (in ab-CD.jar).By these versions you can influence some program
part outside language pack.