[2006-10-01] Sunbird/Lightning localization update

Simon Paquet

Oct 1, 2006, 8:38:36 PM10/1/06
[X-Post to md.l10n and md.apps.calendar, F'up2 to mozilla.dev.l10n]

Hi folks,

first of all the good news, thanks to Axel and schrep the
MOZILLA_1_8_BRANCH is now open for *calendar-related* checkins.

Therefore if you want your locale to ship with Lightning 0.3 or Sunbird
0.3 we ask you to do the following:

Lightning:
==========
Please update your localization there as you feel appropriate. You can
use the latest compare-locales run on the MOZILLA_1_8_BRANCH as guidance:
http://ssitter.googlepages.com/compare-locales-MOZILLA_1_8_BRANCH.txt

With the exception of the installer/custom.properties file, all
*calendar* localization files are identical on the MOZILLA_1_8_BRANCH and
the SUNBIRD_0_3_BRANCH (which should be identical to the trunk).
So those of you, whose MOZILLA_1_8_BRANCH localization is a little bit
behind can just copy the SUNBIRD_0_3_BRANCH localization over to the
MOZILLA_1_8_BRANCH with the exception of the installer/custom.properties
file mentioned above.

| Importtant notice:
| Please do not perform checkins for the dom, security, netwerk, browser
| and toolkit directories on the MOZILLA_1_8_BRANCH. These directories
| are still frozen and unapproved checkins will probably be backed out.

Sunbird:
========
As of 2006-09-28 the localization for Sunbird 0.3 will come from the
SUNBIRD_0_3_BRANCH. Please update your localization there as you think it
is appropriate. You can use the latest compare-locales run on the
SUNBIRD_0_3_BRANCH as guidance:
http://ssitter.googlepages.com/compare-locales-SUNBIRD_0_3_BRANCH.txt

Thank you very much for all your efforts.

Simon
--
Sunbird/Lightning/Calendar Website Maintainer:
http://www.mozilla.org/projects/calendar

Toni Hermoso Pulido

Oct 2, 2006, 3:42:41 AM10/2/06
to Simon Paquet, dev-...@lists.mozilla.org

Stanislaw Malolepszy

Oct 2, 2006, 2:58:08 PM10/2/06

Simon Paquet wrote:

> Sunbird:

> You can use the latest compare-locales run on the
> SUNBIRD_0_3_BRANCH as guidance:
> http://ssitter.googlepages.com/compare-locales-SUNBIRD_0_3_BRANCH.txt

Are you sure, that the check has been run on the SUNBIRD_0_3_BRANCH?
Please have a look at this CVS Graph:
http://bonsai-l10n.mozilla.org/cvsgraph.cgi?file=l10n/pl/netwerk/necko.properties

Marek Stepien's check-in for bug 354410 was made on 2006-09-28 15:15,
after the creation of the branch, and it seems that pl localisation is
already OK and that the compare-locales has been run rather on trunk
than on the branch.

Regards,
Stanislaw Malolepszy

Stefan Sitter

Oct 2, 2006, 3:16:29 PM10/2/06
Hello,

as I wrote on http://ssitter.googlepages.com/langpack the l10n
sources were pulled from Trunk because l10n was not branched yet.

Yesterday lilmatt created the SUNBIRD_0_3_BRANCH on l10n sources
retroactively at 2006-09-28 20:00 UTC baseline. See his post from
yesterday for me information on this topic.

The next update will come from 'real' SUNBIRD_0_3_BRANCH l10n branch.

Regards,
Stefan

Simon Paquet

Oct 4, 2006, 8:45:39 AM10/4/06
Toni Hermoso Pulido wrote on 02. Oct 2006:

>> Sunbird:
>> ========
>> As of 2006-09-28 the localization for Sunbird 0.3 will come from the
>> SUNBIRD_0_3_BRANCH. Please update your localization there as you
>> think it is appropriate. You can use the latest compare-locales run
>> on the SUNBIRD_0_3_BRANCH as guidance:
>> http://ssitter.googlepages.com/compare-locales-SUNBIRD_0_3_BRANCH.txt
>

> I have just downloaded SUNBIRD_0_3_BRANCH and compare-locale results
> do not seem to coincide with ssiter ones for my localization.

Hi Toni,

Stefan updates his results last night. Do the results still not match?

--
Simon Paquet
Sunbird/Lightning/Calendar website maintainer
http://www.mozilla.org/projects/calendar

Simon Paquet

Oct 4, 2006, 8:59:01 AM10/4/06
Simon Paquet wrote on 02. Oct 2006:

> Lightning:
> ==========
> Please update your localization there as you feel appropriate. You
> can use the latest compare-locales run on the MOZILLA_1_8_BRANCH as
> guidance:
> http://ssitter.googlepages.com/compare-locales-MOZILLA_1_8_BRANCH.txt

Ok, with the latest compare-locales run (see the link above) we have
the following situation on the 1.8 branch:

Languages with no issues that *can* ship with Lightning 0.3:
ca, cs, de, es-ES, eu, fr, hu, ga-IE, mn, pl, ru, sl, sk

Language with minor issues that *can* ship with Lightning 0.3:
nl (we can ship even if you don't remove the four obsolete files
mentioned in the compare-locales run, but we would appreciate
it, if you could fix this ASAP)

Language with minor issues that *cannot* ship with Lightning 0.3:
da (you need add the one missing string, so that your locale can
be shipped with the 0.3 release)

Language with major issues that *cannot* ship with Lightning 0.3:
it (your localization has not been committed to the branch as of
now. Please update it ASAP (With the exception of the

installer/custom.properties file, all *calendar* localization
files are identical on the MOZILLA_1_8_BRANCH and the

SUNBIRD_0_3_BRANCH))

Toni Hermoso Pulido

Oct 4, 2006, 9:10:46 AM10/4/06
to dev-...@lists.mozilla.org