Beta 4 schedule, opting in

Mic

Feb 15, 2008, 4:49:29 PM2/15/08
Hey everyone,

The schedule for Beta 4 has recently been posted here:
http://wiki.mozilla.org/Releases/Firefox_3.0b4

We believe that will mean the work will hit you over 21st to 25th (or
so) after string freeze. If you feel comfortable opting-in to Beta 4
at this stage then please do so in this thread.

We will also be sending some information on the testing protocols
we're looking for your help to execute. The Mozilla QA team is
currently building that plan and should have something finalized by
the end of next week at the latest. When that's completed I will send
more details with what tests you could run and how to report results.
It should follow similar approach to last year for Firefox 2.

Thanks :)
Mic

Cédric Corazza

Feb 15, 2008, 5:14:40 PM2/15/08
Mic a écrit :

> Hey everyone,
>
> The schedule for Beta 4 has recently been posted here:
> http://wiki.mozilla.org/Releases/Firefox_3.0b4
>
> We believe that will mean the work will hit you over 21st to 25th (or
> so) after string freeze. If you feel comfortable opting-in to Beta 4
> at this stage then please do so in this thread.

Hi Mic,

Please, keep in mind that most of the Tier-1 localizers will attend to
Fosdem from the 21st to the 23rd and even 24th of February. This could
be a problem imo.

Regards

Mic

Feb 16, 2008, 10:08:28 AM2/16/08

Hi Cedric
Yes, we were aware of that. I will be there too as well as most of the
l10n-drivers team. We thought this might be good timing, because then
we could work together at FOSDEM.

Message has been deleted

Francesco Lodolo

Feb 20, 2008, 2:17:41 AM2/20/08
to Mozilla l10n
Mic ha scritto:

> We believe that will mean the work will hit you over 21st to 25th (or
> so) after string freeze. If you feel comfortable opting-in to Beta 4
> at this stage then please do so in this thread.
Italian (it) will be ready, so please include our builds in Firefox 3
Beta 4 release.

Francesco.

Julen

Feb 20, 2008, 3:00:13 AM2/20/08
to dev-...@lists.mozilla.org
On Feb 15, 2008 10:49 PM, Mic <michal...@gmail.com> wrote:

> We believe that will mean the work will hit you over 21st to 25th (or
> so) after string freeze. If you feel comfortable opting-in to Beta 4
> at this stage then please do so in this thread.

Please add Basque (eu) to the list. We will be ready for Beta 4.

Julen.

Alexandru Szasz

Feb 20, 2008, 9:23:48 AM2/20/08
to dev-...@lists.mozilla.org

If this is the opt-in, although it's not en-US freeze yet, please add
romanian (ro) too.
But i'm curious why we do this opt-in ? Wouldn't be easier to take all
green tinderboxes into beta ?

--
Alexandru Szasz

Marcelo Poli

Feb 20, 2008, 10:29:59 AM2/20/08
es-AR should be ready.
We need to see a new build on dashboard. The only error showing there is
fixed.

Kostas Papadimas

Feb 20, 2008, 11:28:53 AM2/20/08
Greek (e) will be ready for b4. Please add el to the list.

kostas

Kevin Scannell

Feb 20, 2008, 2:08:25 PM2/20/08
to dev-...@lists.mozilla.org
Mic <michalmberman <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Hey everyone,
>
> The schedule for Beta 4 has recently been posted here:
> http://wiki.mozilla.org/Releases/Firefox_3.0b4
>
> We believe that will mean the work will hit you over 21st to 25th (or
> so) after string freeze. If you feel comfortable opting-in to Beta 4
> at this stage then please do so in this thread.

ga-IE would like to be included in beta4.

Kevin

Alexander L. Slovesnik

Feb 20, 2008, 3:04:47 PM2/20/08
Hi Mic

16.02.2008 00:49 you wrote:
> Hey everyone,
>
> The schedule for Beta 4 has recently been posted here:
> http://wiki.mozilla.org/Releases/Firefox_3.0b4
>
> We believe that will mean the work will hit you over 21st to 25th (or
> so) after string freeze. If you feel comfortable opting-in to Beta 4
> at this stage then please do so in this thread.

Please add Russian (ru) to the list. We will be ready for Beta 4.

--
Sincerely yours,
Alexander L. Slovesnik a.k.a. Unghost

Håvard Mork

Feb 20, 2008, 4:51:16 PM2/20/08
Please include norwegian bokmål (nb-NO) also. Thanks.

Benoit

Feb 20, 2008, 4:54:07 PM2/20/08
Hi Mic,

Please add the French locale (fr) for the beta 4 as well.

Thanks and see you at FOSDEM!

--
Benoit
FrenchMozilla team

Ricardo Palomares Martinez

Feb 20, 2008, 4:25:07 PM2/20/08
Mic escribió:

> Hey everyone,
>
> The schedule for Beta 4 has recently been posted here:
> http://wiki.mozilla.org/Releases/Firefox_3.0b4
>
> We believe that will mean the work will hit you over 21st to 25th (or
> so) after string freeze. If you feel comfortable opting-in to Beta 4
> at this stage then please do so in this thread.

At this moment, es-ES build bots are green. However, given that string
freeze for en-US Beta 4 is 21st, this will leave us no time to react
before (at the very least) we meet at Brussels, and I'm not completely
sure right now I can do SSH-ed commits in my laptop on a Wi-Fi public
network. Besides, I don't know if es-ES Firefox owner will carry a
laptop with him.

So, currently, es-ES opts-in, but if en-US changes happen in the next
36 hours, we may need up to Monday afternoon to get in sync again.

TIA

--
If it's true that we are here to help others,
then what exactly are the OTHERS here for?

Ankitkumar Patel

Feb 21, 2008, 1:10:36 AM2/21/08
Benoit wrote:
> Hi Mic,
>
> Please add the French locale (fr) for the beta 4 as well.
>
> Thanks and see you at FOSDEM!

Please add Gujarati (gu_IN) as well for beta 4.

Thanks!

Gia Shervashidze

Feb 21, 2008, 2:25:46 AM2/21/08
Mic იწერება:

Please, consider Georgian (ka) as well
Thanks,
g.\

Rimas Kudelis

Feb 21, 2008, 2:00:20 AM2/21/08
Mic rašė:

> We believe that will mean the work will hit you over 21st to 25th (or
> so) after string freeze. If you feel comfortable opting-in to Beta 4
> at this stage then please do so in this thread.

Please count lt (Lithuanian) in. There are a few missing strings ATM,
but I believe I'll manage to get them in by 25th (perhaps tonight).

RQ

Rimas Kudelis

Feb 21, 2008, 2:03:38 AM2/21/08
Alexandru Szasz rašė:

> But i'm curious why we do this opt-in ? Wouldn't be easier to take all
> green tinderboxes into beta ?

I guess it's because some locales may consider themselves not ready even
with green tinderboxes...

RQ

Toni Hermoso Pulido

Feb 21, 2008, 4:57:07 AM2/21/08
to dev-...@lists.mozilla.org
En/na Mic ha escrit:

> We believe that will mean the work will hit you over 21st to 25th (or
> so) after string freeze. If you feel comfortable opting-in to Beta 4
> at this stage then please do so in this thread.

Count (ca) in as well.

Cheers!

--
Toni Hermoso Pulido
http://www.cau.cat

Wim

Feb 21, 2008, 6:39:56 AM2/21/08
to dev-...@lists.mozilla.org
Mic,

Frisian (fy-NL) will probably be ready, so please opt-in also.

Wim

Mic

Feb 21, 2008, 7:05:27 AM2/21/08
On Feb 20, 9:23 am, "Alexandru Szasz" <alex...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 15, 2008 at 11:49 PM, Mic <michalmber...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hey everyone,
>
> >  The schedule for Beta 4 has recently been posted here:
> >  http://wiki.mozilla.org/Releases/Firefox_3.0b4
>
> >  We believe that will mean the work will hit you over 21st to 25th (or
> >  so) after string freeze. If you feel comfortable opting-in to Beta 4
> >  at this stage then please do so in this thread.
>
> >  We will also be sending some information on the testing protocols
> >  we're looking for your help to execute. The Mozilla QA team is
> >  currently building that plan and should have something finalized by
> >  the end of next week at the latest. When that's completed I will send
> >  more details with what tests you could run and how to report results.
> >  It should follow similar approach to last year for Firefox 2.
>
> >  Thanks :)
> >  Mic
>
> If this is the opt-in, although it's not en-US freeze yet, please add
> romanian (ro) too.
> But i'm curious why we do this opt-in ? Wouldn't be easier to take all
> green tinderboxes into beta ?
>
> --
> Alexandru Szasz

Alexandru
The reason is because we need to make sure the web services i.e.,
search plug-ins, LiveBookmark, RSS Readers have been reviewed and
cleared for release as well. That's not reflected in the tinderboxes.
I hope that helps answer the question
Best
Mic

Mark Tyndall

Feb 21, 2008, 9:10:26 AM2/21/08
Mic wrote:
> Hey everyone,
>
> The schedule for Beta 4 has recently been posted here:
> http://wiki.mozilla.org/Releases/Firefox_3.0b4
>
> We believe that will mean the work will hit you over 21st to 25th (or
> so) after string freeze. If you feel comfortable opting-in to Beta 4
> at this stage then please do so in this thread.

Mic,

en-GB is opting-in for b4

cheers,

Mark.

Besnik Bleta

Feb 21, 2008, 12:11:49 PM2/21/08
to dev-...@lists.mozilla.org

Please include Albanian (sq) as well. It's green again.

besnik

Ayman Hourieh

Feb 21, 2008, 2:23:18 PM2/21/08

Hi Mic,

Arabic will become green in the weekend, so please include it!

Sincerely,

-Ayman

Hasse

Feb 21, 2008, 4:16:02 PM2/21/08
In article <abe30da5-4307-450a-9388-12260b2aedd4
@q78g2000hsh.googlegroups.com>, Mic wrote...

Please include sv-SE in the beta 4 release.

--
Hasse
sv-SE l10n team

wladow

Feb 21, 2008, 8:36:42 PM2/21/08
Please, add sk too. We are green now, possible late-late-l10n checkins
will be fixed on Monday after returing from the Fosdem.

--

wladow

Abdulkadir Topal

Feb 22, 2008, 8:03:32 AM2/22/08
Mic schrieb:

> Hey everyone,
>
> The schedule for Beta 4 has recently been posted here:
> http://wiki.mozilla.org/Releases/Firefox_3.0b4
>
> We believe that will mean the work will hit you over 21st to 25th (or
> so) after string freeze. If you feel comfortable opting-in to Beta 4
> at this stage then please do so in this thread.

Please add "de" to the mix, thanks.

--Abdulkadir

Mad Maks

Feb 23, 2008, 9:47:11 AM2/23/08
NL is ready

thanks

MM

Channy Yun

Feb 23, 2008, 11:42:06 AM2/23/08
to Mic, dev-...@lists.mozilla.org
please add ko.

On Sat, Feb 16, 2008 at 6:49 AM, Mic <michal...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey everyone,
>
> The schedule for Beta 4 has recently been posted here:
> http://wiki.mozilla.org/Releases/Firefox_3.0b4
>
> We believe that will mean the work will hit you over 21st to 25th (or
> so) after string freeze. If you feel comfortable opting-in to Beta 4
> at this stage then please do so in this thread.
>

> We will also be sending some information on the testing protocols
> we're looking for your help to execute. The Mozilla QA team is
> currently building that plan and should have something finalized by
> the end of next week at the latest. When that's completed I will send
> more details with what tests you could run and how to report results.
> It should follow similar approach to last year for Firefox 2.
>
> Thanks :)
> Mic

Andras Timar

Feb 23, 2008, 11:47:21 AM2/23/08
Please add Hungarian (hu) to Firefox 3 Beta 4 production.

Thanks,

Andras

Jeferson Hultmann

Feb 23, 2008, 3:11:32 PM2/23/08
to dev-...@lists.mozilla.org
Hi

pt-BR is opting-in for b4.

Cheers,

Citando a mensagem de Mic:

Siarhei

Feb 20, 2008, 7:08:58 PM2/20/08
Please add Belarusian [be] to the list.

Siarhei

Ville Pohjanheimo

Feb 23, 2008, 6:29:25 PM2/23/08
15/02/08 23:49, Mic kirjoitti:

> We believe that will mean the work will hit you over 21st to 25th (or
> so) after string freeze. If you feel comfortable opting-in to Beta 4
> at this stage then please do so in this thread.

Hi

Opting in fi (Finnish).

-ville/mozilla.fi

Jose Sun

Feb 24, 2008, 11:27:08 AM2/24/08
to dev-...@lists.mozilla.org
Hi,

Please add zh-TW, it will be green in next build.^_^

2008/2/24, Ville Pohjanheimo <villepoh...@fastmail.fm>:

> 15/02/08 23:49, Mic kirjoitti:
>

> > We believe that will mean the work will hit you over 21st to 25th (or
> > so) after string freeze. If you feel comfortable opting-in to Beta 4
> > at this stage then please do so in this thread.

--
Mozilla Taiwan / Jose Sun
Localization Manager

dynamis

Feb 25, 2008, 1:35:18 AM2/25/08
to dev-...@lists.mozilla.org
Hi Mic,

Japanese (ja/ja-JP-mac) l10n is not completed yet but now working and
will be ready in time.

Thanks.

On Fri, 15 Feb 2008 13:49:29 -0800 (PST)
Mic <michal...@gmail.com> wrote

> Hey everyone,
>
> The schedule for Beta 4 has recently been posted here:
> http://wiki.mozilla.org/Releases/Firefox_3.0b4
>

> We believe that will mean the work will hit you over 21st to 25th (or
> so) after string freeze. If you feel comfortable opting-in to Beta 4
> at this stage then please do so in this thread.
>

> We will also be sending some information on the testing protocols
> we're looking for your help to execute. The Mozilla QA team is
> currently building that plan and should have something finalized by
> the end of next week at the latest. When that's completed I will send
> more details with what tests you could run and how to report results.
> It should follow similar approach to last year for Firefox 2.
>
> Thanks :)
> Mic

- dynamis (Manager, L10N Center)

Mozilla Japan : http://www.mozilla-japan.org/
L10N Center : http://www.mozilla-japan.org/jp/l10n/
Translation Div : http://www.mozilla-japan.org/jp/td/

João Miguel Neves

Feb 25, 2008, 8:19:38 AM2/25/08
to dynamis, dev-...@lists.mozilla.org
Same for pt-PT.

dynamis escreveu:

--
Intraneia
http://www.intraneia.com/

Suporte a Software Livre
Tradução/Localização de software e sítios web
Desenvolvimento de software

Ao seu serviço...

文少华

Feb 25, 2008, 9:00:38 AM2/25/08
to dev-...@lists.mozilla.org
> We believe that will mean the work will hit you over 21st to 25th (or
> so) after string freeze. If you feel comfortable opting-in to Beta 4
> at this stage then please do so in this thread.

pl wants to opt in for b4.

My previous message has somehow disappeared from this newsgroup,
so I'm reposting it once again.

Aman Singh

Feb 26, 2008, 12:11:53 PM2/26/08
to dev-...@lists.mozilla.org
On 2/16/08, Mic <michal...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey everyone,

Please add Punjabi (pa-IN) for coming beta release
--
AmanAlam
Punjabi OpenSource Team

Pavel Franc

Feb 26, 2008, 2:17:45 PM2/26/08
> The schedule for Beta 4 has recently been posted here:
> http://wiki.mozilla.org/Releases/Firefox_3.0b4
>
> We believe that will mean the work will hit you over 21st to 25th (or
> so) after string freeze. If you feel comfortable opting-in to Beta 4
> at this stage then please do so in this thread.
>
> We will also be sending some information on the testing protocols
> we're looking for your help to execute. The Mozilla QA team is
> currently building that plan and should have something finalized by
> the end of next week at the latest. When that's completed I will send
> more details with what tests you could run and how to report results.
> It should follow similar approach to last year for Firefox 2.

Please include also cs locale as we discussed over the phone today.

Pavel

Filip Miletic

Feb 27, 2008, 12:59:42 PM2/27/08
Adding Serbian l10n (sr) would be great.