[ANNOUNCE] Update on Firefox 3.6 Beta schedule

Axel Hecht

Sep 22, 2009, 7:20:06 PM9/22/09
Hi all,

here's an update on the schedule for Firefox 3.6 Beta, as far as we have it:

The Firefox and platform guys try to get their blocker counts in check
for a code freeze on Tuesday, 29th.

The idea is to have a QA phase after that for a few days.

We don't have a real deadline yet, but you should prepare to opt-in
before the moz-eu camp end of next week.

We're still aiming at a single beta, bug for those locales that don't
make this one, we're probably fine with that making RC1 to be part of
the final release. That's due to the shorter release cycle in this
release and the smaller amount of strings.

For the about:support bug, we still expect that to be landed for beta,
but we're putting some additional pressure on that bug to get it landed
asap.

If you have questions, send them my way

Axel

Divjot Singh

Sep 23, 2009, 1:54:12 PM9/23/09
So we can expect Beta in October?

Moreover , will Personas be added in Beta or in RC ?

Anyways , thanks for the news , waiting for Beta release

Axel Hecht

Sep 23, 2009, 4:56:35 PM9/23/09

Please direct your questions to .planning or .apps.firefox.

Axel