String freeze for Sunbird/Lightning 0.8 approaching

Simon Paquet

Jan 20, 2008, 10:28:06 AM1/20/08
Hi guys,

I just wanted to let you know, that we will freeze all Calendar-related
strings tomorrow night (2008-01-21) at 20:00 PST (2008-01-22 05:00 CET).

So those from the localizing community, who do closely follow our
checkins can then start working on your translation of the upcoming
Lightning/Sunbird 0.8 release.

Developers, wo need to check in additional strings after the string
freeze, should check back with me or Daniel first and add the late-l10n
keyword to the relevant bug.

Localizers should try to finish a first draft of their translation by
February 7th, 2008 (you can still check in corrections afterwards).

We are currently planning to release our first release candidate of
Lightning and Sunbird one day after this date (2008-02-08) and it would
be good if localized builds of all languages would be available by then,
to enable the different l10n communities to test the localization
quality.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Simon
--
Calendar l10n coordinator
Calendar Website Maintainer: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/calendar

Marcelo Poli

Jan 21, 2008, 10:51:01 AM1/21/08
Simon Paquet escribió:

> Hi guys,
>
> I just wanted to let you know, that we will freeze all Calendar-related
> strings tomorrow night (2008-01-21) at 20:00 PST (2008-01-22 05:00 CET).
>

> Let me know if you have any questions.
>
> Simon
Just to make it clear.
Do Lightning and Sunbird 0.8 come from BRANCH_1.8?

Simon Paquet

Jan 21, 2008, 2:12:27 PM1/21/08
Marcelo Poli wrote on 21. Jan 2008:

>> I just wanted to let you know, that we will freeze all Calendar-related
>> strings tomorrow night (2008-01-21) at 20:00 PST (2008-01-22 05:00 CET).
>>
>> Let me know if you have any questions.
>>

> Just to make it clear.
> Do Lightning and Sunbird 0.8 come from BRANCH_1.8?

Yes. But we will probably create our own release branch later on (sorry,
but I can't tell you an exact date right now).

But this release branch will be created from the MOZILLA_1_8_BRANCH. So
any work that you do on this branch now, will automatically be present
on release branch as well, once it has been created.

Does this answer your question?

Marcelo Poli

Jan 21, 2008, 4:11:48 PM1/21/08
Simon Paquet escribió:

> But this release branch will be created from the MOZILLA_1_8_BRANCH. So
> any work that you do on this branch now, will automatically be present
> on release branch as well, once it has been created.
>
> Does this answer your question?
>
> Simon

Yes. Thanks.

Goolic

Feb 4, 2008, 1:41:35 AM2/4/08
I looked a little but couldn´t find any efforts of Portuguese
localization for Lightning/Sunbird...
Do you know of something? More specifically Brazilian Portuguese :)

Thx in advance

Simon Paquet

Feb 4, 2008, 5:32:44 AM2/4/08

Both Portuguese localizations (European and Brazilian) are working.
See <68dcf5a3f3a14b19...@thorongil.babylonsounds.com> for
more information.