SeaMonkey 2.0 Final (!) schedule

Robert Kaiser

Sep 22, 2009, 10:32:06 AM9/22/09
As discussed in today's SeaMonkey status meeting
<https://wiki.mozilla.org/SeaMonkey:StatusMeetings:2009-09-22> we now
have a schedule for a final SeaMonkey 2.0:

* Feature Freeze: already in place since September 1st
* String freeze: Thursday, October 1st 23:59 PDT / 2009-08-28 06:59 UTC
** This is final string freeze for the SeaMonkey 2.0 series!
* Code freeze: Tuesday, October 6th 23:59 PDT / 2009-09-02 06:59 UTC
** All patches need approval after that, even on blocker and wanted bugs
* RC1 build start: Wednesday, October 7th
* RC1 Release ASAP after basic functional test of builds
* Final Release: later in October, probably NET October 20

This schedule is also available on the wiki, linked from the central
releases page and directly at
https://wiki.mozilla.org/SeaMonkey:Releases:2.0

The string freeze is final for the whole SeaMonkey 2.0.x series,
localizers can start localizing that set of strings and opt in for any
2.0.x release starting at that date, updating their opted-in changesets
as improvements come up after that. All locales that are ready by the
start of RC1 builds will be included in RC1, same with later RCs if we
do any, and with final when we start the build run for that.

After the code freeze, any change to suite/ code needs explicit
approval, and will do so for the whole 2.0.x series - that includes
blockers and wanted+ bugs, no free tickets for checkin any more. We
might be even stricter in what we take between October 6th and 2.0 than
we are with approvals for later dot-releases, this is to finally wind
down this release.

QA can start as soon as RC1 builds are up, we'll publish that RC as soon
as a few basic tests are done, so that we can get wider testing by the
community and catch any still-standing issues we need to fix for final.

Incidentally, Firefox 3.5.4 is due on October 21, which will make us
pretty well aligned with the release, as the RCs as well as final will
be on top of Gecko 1.9.1.4 proper, while nightlies will continue to
track whatever 1.9.1 tip is.

Any changes that don't go into 2.0 but should go into 2.1 need to be
held off until comm-central is branched, we'll announce plans for that
together with Thunderbird people once we have a plan we agree on.

Robert Kaiser

Robert Kaiser

Sep 22, 2009, 10:32:49 AM9/22/09
As discussed in today's SeaMonkey status meeting
<https://wiki.mozilla.org/SeaMonkey:StatusMeetings:2009-09-22> we now
have a schedule for a final SeaMonkey 2.0:

* Feature Freeze: already in place since September 1st

* String freeze: Thursday, October 1st 23:59 PDT / 2009-10-02 06:59 UTC

** This is final string freeze for the SeaMonkey 2.0 series!

* Code freeze: Tuesday, October 6th 23:59 PDT / 2009-10-07 06:59 UTC