[ANNOUNCE] Updated Thunderbird 3 Beta 3 release schedule for localizers

1 view

Mark Banner

Jul 1, 2009, 3:44:15 AM7/1/09
Hi Everyone,

I'm not sure if Simon is around this week, and we've just come up with
revised dates, so I wanted to let you know as soon as possible.

The new release schedule for Thunderbird 3 Beta 3 is now (All dates use
time of 23:59 PST):

* Slushy String freeze date: 2009-07-02 (Thursday)
* Slushy Code Freeze date: 2009-07-07 (Tuesday)
* Firm String / Code freeze date: 2009-07-14 (Tuesday)
* l10n-mozilla-1.9.1 freeze date: 2009-07-16 (Thursday)
* Target Build Ship date: 2009-07-21 (Tuesday)

As with our beta2 release, these dates have the following goals:

* All string-related work should done by the slushy string
freeze date
* All other code-related work plus the late-string work should
ideally be done by the slushy code freeze date
* The firm freeze date will be for fixing remaining bugs and
regressions found in the nightlies
* The l10n-mozilla-1.9.1 date would be the last time by which
we would accept changes in localizations
* Late string changes will require an additional approval by the
beta3 release driver Dan Mosedale (dmose on IRC)

If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to
respond here.

Standard8

Anas Husseini

Jul 1, 2009, 3:55:19 AM7/1/09
to Mark Banner, dev-...@lists.mozilla.org
Hi Mark,

First, isn't it late to post this schedule one day before the slushy string
freeze?! I guess the current state of tb30 in dashboard is not that
encouraging.

Anyway, will there be a separate thread for opting our chosen changesets in
Beta 3?

Regards

- Anas

Francesco Lodolo

Jul 1, 2009, 4:03:28 AM7/1/09
to Dev l10n Mailing List
Anas Husseini ha scritto:

> Hi Mark,
>
> First, isn't it late to post this schedule one day before the slushy string
> freeze?! I guess the current state of tb30 in dashboard is not that
> encouraging.
That's the string freeze for developers, string freeze for localizers is
2 weeks ahead

> * l10n-mozilla-1.9.1 freeze date: 2009-07-16 (Thursday)
Francesco

Anas Husseini

Jul 1, 2009, 4:05:19 AM7/1/09
to Dev l10n Mailing List
Ah, my mistake. Sorry, Mark ;-)

Regards

- Anas

On 7/1/09, Francesco Lodolo <li...@lodolo.it> wrote:

> Anas Husseini ha scritto:
>
>> Hi Mark,
>>
>> First, isn't it late to post this schedule one day before the slushy
>> string
>> freeze?! I guess the current state of tb30 in dashboard is not that
>> encouraging.
>>
> That's the string freeze for developers, string freeze for localizers is 2
> weeks ahead
>

>> * l10n-mozilla-1.9.1 freeze date: 2009-07-16 (Thursday)
>>

> Francesco

Mark Banner

Jul 1, 2009, 5:24:49 AM7/1/09
On 01/07/2009 08:55, Anas Husseini wrote:
> Hi Mark,
>
> First, isn't it late to post this schedule one day before the slushy string
> freeze?! I guess the current state of tb30 in dashboard is not that
> encouraging.

Just to confirm as Francesco said, that is the developer string freeze.
There is a chance we'll take some strings after that date, but we're
going to try and avoid it.

> Anyway, will there be a separate thread for opting our chosen changesets in
> Beta 3?

Yes there will be, hopefully Simon will be around by that stage and will
set it up.

Standard8

Simon Paquet

Jul 5, 2009, 4:46:44 PM7/5/09
Mark Banner wrote:

>> First, isn't it late to post this schedule one day before the slushy string
>> freeze?! I guess the current state of tb30 in dashboard is not that
>> encouraging.
>
>Just to confirm as Francesco said, that is the developer string freeze.
>There is a chance we'll take some strings after that date, but we're
>going to try and avoid it.

Correct.

>> Anyway, will there be a separate thread for opting our chosen changesets in
>> Beta 3?
>
>Yes there will be, hopefully Simon will be around by that stage and will
>set it up.

I was away last week crossing the alpes with my mountainbike. I will
surely set up this thread in a short while.

Simon Paquet
--
Thunderbird/Calendar Localisation (L10n) Coordinator
Thunderbird l10n blog: http://thunderbird-l10n.blogspot.com

Ricardo Palomares Martí­nez

Jul 7, 2009, 1:15:22 PM7/7/09
Simon Paquet wrote:

> Mark Banner wrote:
>>> Anyway, will there be a separate thread for opting our chosen changesets in
>>> Beta 3?
>>
>> Yes there will be, hopefully Simon will be around by that stage and will
>> set it up.
>
> I was away last week crossing the alpes with my mountainbike. I will
> surely set up this thread in a short while.

In a wonderfully accurate schedule overlay (set up before the official
TB 3 Beta 3 schedule announce), I'm about to be offline until next
16th. If I'm right with timezone translation, it will be possible
until 17th 8:59am GMT to update and opt-in for es-ES TB & SM
localization, but in case I miss the dateline, don't worry, es-ES is
not dropping TB & SM support. :-)

Ricardo