Firefox RC 3 is there, staging servers, too

Axel Hecht

Oct 17, 2006, 5:11:14 AM10/17/06
http://www.mozilla.org/projects/bonecho/all-rc.html has the RC3 bits,
please do some testing on that page.

Now is the time to do your final run of QA testing and to report results
on litmus, too.

We're *really* close to release, so please look at your pages on stage.
I know that some of them have deprecated layout, please go check
thouroughly and compare to the en-US version.
http://people.mozilla.com/~axel/l10n/in-products.html can help a bit, I
have already reported the broken 404 fallback in the tracking bug 356872.

I hope to have more on timeline tonight.

Axel

João Miguel Neves

Oct 17, 2006, 7:45:18 AM10/17/06
to Axel Hecht, dev-...@lists.mozilla.org
Ter, 2006-10-17 às 11:11 +0200, Axel Hecht escreveu:
> We're *really* close to release, so please look at your pages on stage.
> I know that some of them have deprecated layout, please go check
> thouroughly and compare to the en-US version.
> http://people.mozilla.com/~axel/l10n/in-products.html can help a bit, I
> have already reported the broken 404 fallback in the tracking bug 356872.

I tried accesing the url but everytime I click a link (I tried pt-PT, fr
and en-GB) I get an authentication dialog with "Use your ldap
username/password".

Any suggestions?

Best regards,
João Miguel Neves

signature.asc

Axel Hecht

Oct 17, 2006, 1:03:40 PM10/17/06

Well, yes, that requires your (not yet there for you) ldap account to be
working. Pascal is on the hunt there.

Axel

Francesco Lodolo

Oct 17, 2006, 1:38:52 PM10/17/06
to dev-...@lists.mozilla.org
Axel Hecht ha scritto:

> We're *really* close to release, so please look at your pages on
> stage. I know that some of them have deprecated layout, please go
> check thouroughly and compare to the en-US version.
> http://people.mozilla.com/~axel/l10n/in-products.html can help a bit,
> I have already reported the broken 404 fallback in the tracking bug
> 356872.
If I'm not wrong in the original package there wasn't a
phishing-protection page: do we have to localize also that page? It's
quite big compared to the others.

I don't know if it's important at this point but I looked at the
2.0/whatsnew/ page: the en-US uses an image to render the title while
localized pages (at least the italian one) have a text (h1). In this way
a part of the title is unreadable, mixed with the Firefox logo in
background.

Francesco.

pascal

Oct 17, 2006, 5:07:01 PM10/17/06
Francesco Lodolo a écrit :

> Axel Hecht ha scritto:
>> We're *really* close to release, so please look at your pages on
>> stage. I know that some of them have deprecated layout, please go
>> check thouroughly and compare to the en-US version.
>> http://people.mozilla.com/~axel/l10n/in-products.html can help a bit,
>> I have already reported the broken 404 fallback in the tracking bug
>> 356872.
> If I'm not wrong in the original package there wasn't a
> phishing-protection page: do we have to localize also that page? It's
> quite big compared to the others.

This page is not to be localized, it was removed from the list of pages
to translate early in the process.

Pascal

Francesco Lodolo

Oct 18, 2006, 2:42:05 AM10/18/06
to dev-...@lists.mozilla.org
Axel Hecht ha scritto:

> I have already reported the broken 404 fallback in the tracking bug
> 356872.
With "broken 404 fallback" do you refer to link like this?
http://de.www.mozilla.com/de/firefox/central/

Another problem: community page in IT is totally different from the
others (different html markup?) and messed up
https://de.www.stage.mozilla.com/de/firefox/community/
https://it.www.stage.mozilla.com/it/firefox/community/

For example "ar" and "ko" have the same problem, while others are ok
(de, fr, el, en-GB for example)
In the tracking bug 354498 I can't find references to this change, so I
really don't understand this difference.

Francesco.a

pascal

Oct 18, 2006, 6:32:32 AM10/18/06
Francesco Lodolo a écrit :

It's markup errors, I have fixed IT and am working now on KO (AR is
mostly issues with RTL gecko bugs).

Pascal

followup to mozilla.dev.l10n.web on these web issues.