status update fx2

Axel Hecht

Sep 29, 2006, 4:39:14 PM9/29/06
Hi folks,

we're still working on some fixes on the en-US side, so l10n builds are
still a little bit out the door.

I did fix a few bustages today, and participated in a few calls, so the
status is looking pretty good as of now. We're at almost 40 locales that
are good to go, and I actually installed and ran each of them today.

What I have seen so far has been pretty impressing, given how many
things we have seen in earlier days. No crashes on start up due to
encoding troubles, I only found two xml parsing errors in one locale.

Litmus is still in trouble, I'm afraid, so we can't really give you that
much detail on the testing plan yet, nor do I know precisely when we'll
have builds.

Please watch .planning for announcements on the RC2 progress, and the QA
blog will likely jump up and down in joy when litmus is back.

We seriously need to attack help, though. This has to be done on all
ends, schrep is with me here, but this needs to be done on the l10n
side, too. I'm sure we have quite a few locales with really good help
content, on the other hand, some are in a sad state, and that's not just
prefs.xhtml. I will try to do some further improvements to my extension,
but overall, get your communities to help out here. I know that help is
not easy, otherwise it would be done on the en-US side way before the
features in documents. But there are tons of folks around that are eager
to contribute, abuse those folks. I really hope to get some patches in
our approval queue for Firefox 2.0.0.1. And I'll file some bugs.

If you have any enhancement requests, or patches even, for my extension,
please file bugs under Core/Testing and assign them to me. Oh, and yes,
it's in CVS now,
http://lxr.mozilla.org/mozilla/source/testing/tests/l10n/extensions/help/

Axel, who realized today that QA is physical labor. At least when doing
40 locales in a day.

João Miguel Neves

Sep 30, 2006, 8:01:40 AM9/30/06
to Axel Hecht, dev-...@lists.mozilla.org
Sex, 2006-09-29 às 22:39 +0200, Axel Hecht escreveu:
> Litmus is still in trouble, I'm afraid, so we can't really give you that
> much detail on the testing plan yet, nor do I know precisely when we'll
> have builds.

Seems like litmus is up now :).

> to contribute, abuse those folks. I really hope to get some patches in
> our approval queue for Firefox 2.0.0.1. And I'll file some bugs.

When l10n is reopened, is there any specific tag for 2.0.0.1? (I just
found out that I failed to check-in a couple of changes that affect a
security dialog size - nothing really serious).

> Axel, who realized today that QA is physical labor. At least when doing
> 40 locales in a day.

:)

Best regards,
João Miguel Neves

signature.asc

Axel Hecht

Sep 30, 2006, 10:58:53 AM9/30/06
João Miguel Neves wrote:
> Sex, 2006-09-29 às 22:39 +0200, Axel Hecht escreveu:
>> Litmus is still in trouble, I'm afraid, so we can't really give you that
>> much detail on the testing plan yet, nor do I know precisely when we'll
>> have builds.
>>
> Seems like litmus is up now :).

Yep, and they want performance tests, so pound that VM as hard as you
can ;-)

>> to contribute, abuse those folks. I really hope to get some patches in
>> our approval queue for Firefox 2.0.0.1. And I'll file some bugs.
> When l10n is reopened, is there any specific tag for 2.0.0.1? (I just
> found out that I failed to check-in a couple of changes that affect a
> security dialog size - nothing really serious).

Add [Fx 2.0.0.1] to the status whiteboard.

Axel