l10n, meet Jeff

Axel Hecht

Oct 6, 2011, 3:42:31 PM10/6/11

you heard it here first.

Let me introduce Jeff Beatty to you. Jeff will shape the way we talk
about doing localization.

Or, if I'd put it my way: He'll remove all the documents we have and
write documentation instead, and boldly go beyond that.

Jeff, wanna follow up with a bit of your background?

Axel

Jeff Beatty

Oct 6, 2011, 3:46:48 PM10/6/11
Hi everyone!

I'm excited to be a part of localization at Mozilla.

My undergraduate degree is in Spanish Translation and Computational
Linguistics. I have about 4 years of experience in the
translation/localization industry and have been nearly everything from
court interpreter and freelance translator to localization manager. In
my last post I was responsible for creating and implementing an
aggressive localization strategy while also being a technical writer and
scrum master of a team of developers. Also, I'm located in the state of
Utah in the US.

I'm sure you'll be hearing from me more and more as time goes on and I
work on coming up to speed. I look forward to meeting each of you in the
process!

Jeff

Justin Wood (Callek)

Oct 6, 2011, 8:49:20 PM10/6/11

Welcome!

As if my opinion matters, you sound more than capable of the job, in
fact too good ("are you really there?")

Glad to have you aboard!

--
~Justin Wood (Callek)
-SeaMonkey Council Member, and Release Engineer

Rimas Kudelis

Oct 7, 2011, 2:12:55 PM10/7/11
Hi Jeff! Welcome onboard! ;)

Rimas

Iacopo Benesperi

Oct 8, 2011, 10:09:34 AM10/8/11
Justin Wood (Callek) ha scritto:

> As if my opinion matters, you sound more than capable of the job, in
> fact too good ("are you really there?")

Yes, definitely good! Welcome to the jungle :-P

Iacopo

smo

Oct 9, 2011, 10:46:26 AM10/9/11

> Hi everyone!
>
> I'm excited to be a part of localization at Mozilla.

,,, and so are we ;)

smo (SL l10n team)

Jeff Beatty

Oct 10, 2011, 12:03:52 PM10/10/11

Thank you everyone for being so welcoming!

Jeff

Jeff Beatty

Oct 10, 2011, 12:04:23 PM10/10/11
On 10/6/11 1:46 PM, Jeff Beatty wrote:

Thank you for being so welcoming everyone!

Jeff

Keko

Oct 11, 2011, 5:05:53 PM10/11/11

Hi Jeff.

Welcome.

You might ask in Spanish? My English is not very good. With Pascal I
do sometimes in the irc.

Greetings.