fennec10x branches

Siarhei

Aug 30, 2009, 5:38:28 AM8/30/09
Hi all,

What branches should be used for fennec l10n?

buildbot reports for fennec10x:
en_branch mozilla-central
l10n_branch releases/l10n-mozilla-1.9.2

the report for fennec_mc:
en_branch mozilla-central
l10n_branch l10n-central

It looks strange that there are two translations for one source tree.

With best regards,

Siarhei

Axel Hecht

Aug 30, 2009, 6:17:19 AM8/30/09

Fennec 1.0 will be shipped off of 1.9.2, you should put your focus on that.

There are builds against central, too, so if you're syncing your 1.9.2
work onto central, it'll benefit there, too. But there's no immediate
release coming off the central branch.

Axel

Anas Husseini

Aug 30, 2009, 6:27:49 AM8/30/09
to dev-...@lists.mozilla.org
No, for fennec10x, the en_branch is 'mobile-browser'; whereas for fennec_mc
the en_branch is 'mozilla-central/mobile-browser'.

However, there is a place where I see a contradiction in (anyone, please
correct me if I am wrong). fennec_mc's en_branch is mozilla-central, but
fennec_mc depends on toolkit of the trunk (and not of 1.9.2) which is
located in comm-central. So, how is that working?

Regards

- Anas

Axel Hecht

Aug 31, 2009, 3:29:23 AM8/31/09
On 30.08.09 12:27, Anas Husseini wrote:
> No, for fennec10x, the en_branch is 'mobile-browser'; whereas for fennec_mc
> the en_branch is 'mozilla-central/mobile-browser'.
>
> However, there is a place where I see a contradiction in (anyone, please
> correct me if I am wrong). fennec_mc's en_branch is mozilla-central, but
> fennec_mc depends on toolkit of the trunk (and not of 1.9.2) which is
> located in comm-central. So, how is that working?

You're wrong.

en_branch is mobile-browser for both trees.

toolkit_branch is mozilla-central or releases/mozilla-1.9.2, which maps to
l10n_branch, which is l10n-central or releases/l10n-mozilla-1.9.2.

i.e.: fennec 1.0 is against gecko 1.9.2, and localized on the 1.9.2 l10n
repos to take the toolkit strings from there.

fennec_mc is future, built against the gecko trunk on mozilla-central,
and is picking up l10n from l10n-central, to use the toolkit strings
from there.

Both trees use the very same mobile-browser repo for fennec, with the
same strings. That's going to stay that way until mobile-browser
actually branches itself at some point.

Axel

PS: Technical detail: All trees have an en_branch and an l10n_branch.
The en_branch denotes the repository in which the application strings
are. For Firefox, that's a mozilla repo, for Thunderbird/SeaMonkey, it's
comm-central, and for Fennec, it's mobile-browser. For the multi-repo
builds on comm-central and fennec, there's an additional property, in
all our cases toolkit_branch, pointing to a mozilla repo.

The l10n_branch denotes the l10n repository tree to use (without
locale), and maps whatever toolkit strings are used.