[ANNOUNCE] SeaMonkey 2.0 Beta 1 OPT-IN thread

Robert Kaiser

Jul 13, 2009, 7:53:32 PM7/13/09
Hi localizers,

For the first time ever in the history of the all-in-one application
suite, we'll be doing a fully localized official release with L10n
builds for all major platforms when we'll be releasing SeaMonkey 2.0
Beta 1 later this month.

Please opt in for this release by following up to this thread,
referencing your locale, and the revision from your locale's
l10n-mozilla-1.9.1 repository.

Even thought he strict L10n freeze is upcoming at July 14th 23:59 PDT
only, we don't expect to see any L10n changes for the release any more
(with the slight exception of one en-US accesskey correction that
doesn't need a string ID change and so should be irrelevant to L10n).

We expect to do builds soon after the L10n repo freeze date at Thursday,
July 16th, 23:59 PDT (same as Thunderbird, by the way), but technically
we can take any opt-in up to the actual start of the builds, so better
try and post than miss the release.

We will take all locales for Beta 1 that are in
suite/locales/all-locales on comm-central, have opted in here, are green
on sea20x on dashboard and pass a fast productization check (I know, we
have never posted any firm rules for that, I'll just take a quick look
that nothing too bad is going on, so don't fear it).

If you have any questions, feel free to ask them here.

Greetings,

Robert Kaiser

Adrian Kalla

Jul 14, 2009, 6:26:09 AM7/14/09

Robert Kaiser

Jul 14, 2009, 7:43:18 AM7/14/09
I opt in myself for German with the following changeset:
http://hg.mozilla.org/releases/l10n-mozilla-1.9.1/de/rev/03524d078c8e

Robert Kaiser

Alexander L. Slovesnik

Jul 14, 2009, 2:15:01 PM7/14/09
Russian (ru).
http://hg.mozilla.org/releases/l10n-mozilla-1.9.1/ru/rev/32d01e8e7e60

--
Sincerely yours,
Alexander L. Slovesnik a.k.a. Unghost

Siarhei

Jul 15, 2009, 7:32:18 AM7/15/09

Robert Kaiser

Jul 15, 2009, 9:54:57 AM7/15/09

I notice you have copies of the en-US .src and .png files in your
searchplugins, though you shouldn't. Please delete them for the next
milestone, they will be pulled in from en-US if referenced by your list.txt.

Robert Kaiser

Joaquim Perez

Jul 15, 2009, 11:56:44 AM7/15/09
to dev-...@lists.mozilla.org
Hello Robert,

Catalan (ca) is opting in with
http://hg.mozilla.org/releases/l10n-mozilla-1.9.1/ca/file/9f4dc212b768

Thanks

Quim

Kálmán "KAMI" Szalai

Jul 15, 2009, 12:21:25 PM7/15/09
to Robert Kaiser, dev-...@lists.mozilla.org
First Hungarian (HU) OPT-IN:
http://hg.mozilla.org/releases/l10n-mozilla-1.9.1/hu/file/cb4e52b4b65e

I will update help too, so maybe more updates will come.

KAMI

signature.asc

Robert Kaiser

Jul 15, 2009, 2:07:13 PM7/15/09
to Joaquim Perez
Joaquim Perez wrote:
> Catalan (ca) is opting in with
> http://hg.mozilla.org/releases/l10n-mozilla-1.9.1/ca/file/9f4dc212b768

There's one issue that blocks me from taking your L10n at this time:
it's not green on http://l10n.mozilla.org/dashboard/?tree=sea20x - you
have a number of unused strings, please remove them.
Once that's done and it's green, please opt in with a new, fixed, revision.

Thanks,

Robert Kaiser

Robert Kaiser

Jul 15, 2009, 2:08:37 PM7/15/09
to "Kálmán \"KAMI\" Szalai"
Kálmán "KAMI" Szalai wrote:
> First Hungarian (HU) OPT-IN:
> http://hg.mozilla.org/releases/l10n-mozilla-1.9.1/hu/file/cb4e52b4b65e

I notice you have copies of the en-US .src and .png files in your

searchplugins, though you shouldn't. Please delete them for the next
milestone, they will be pulled in from en-US if referenced by your

list.txt. You also have an incredibly long list of search plugins, which
I'm unsure if it's useful, esp. as it's not the easy to get where you
even see the list.

What blocks me from taking your L10n at this time though is that it's

lot of unused strings, please remove them.

Once that's done, please opt in with a new, fixed, revision.

> I will update help too, so maybe more updates will come.

Sure, I'll be able to take new locales as well as updates up to the
point where I'll actually start builds.

Robert Kaiser

Frederic Chateaux

Jul 15, 2009, 3:01:48 PM7/15/09
French (fr) is opting in with:
http://hg.mozilla.org/releases/l10n-mozilla-1.9.1/fr/rev/52ef66d5dcba

Regards
Frï¿œdï¿œric Chateaux

wladow

Jul 15, 2009, 4:42:43 PM7/15/09

Frco. Javier Rial

Jul 16, 2009, 5:17:37 AM7/16/09

Galician (gl) opting in with changeset:
http://hg.mozilla.org/releases/l10n-mozilla-1.9.1/gl/rev/6e656a0108de

Thanks.
Frco. Javier Rial

Rail Aliev

Jul 16, 2009, 5:59:11 AM7/16/09

Turkish (tr) opts in:
http://hg.mozilla.org/releases/l10n-mozilla-1.9.1/tr/rev/6973492e3890

--
Best regars,
Rail Aliev

Robert Kaiser

Jul 16, 2009, 8:09:28 AM7/16/09
Frco. Javier Rial wrote:
> Galician (gl) opting in with changeset:
> http://hg.mozilla.org/releases/l10n-mozilla-1.9.1/gl/rev/6e656a0108de

You have temporary files ending in ~ in suite/profile, those are safely
ignored by all tooling, so no problem here, but you might want to clean
them up for the future :)

Robert Kaiser

Frco. Javier Rial

Jul 16, 2009, 8:55:20 AM7/16/09

Thanks for your information. I didn't see those files. Removed.

Please use this new changeset:
http://hg.mozilla.org/releases/l10n-mozilla-1.9.1/gl/rev/0d810c0b5f62

Thanks

Håvard Mork

Jul 16, 2009, 11:02:52 AM7/16/09

Pavel Franc

Jul 16, 2009, 11:22:17 AM7/16/09
Dne 14.7.2009 01:53, Robert Kaiser napsal(a):

> Hi localizers,
>
> For the first time ever in the history of the all-in-one application
> suite, we'll be doing a fully localized official release with L10n
> builds for all major platforms when we'll be releasing SeaMonkey 2.0
> Beta 1 later this month.
>
> Please opt in for this release by following up to this thread,
> referencing your locale, and the revision from your locale's
> l10n-mozilla-1.9.1 repository.

Czech (cs) opts in with
http://hg.mozilla.org/releases/l10n-mozilla-1.9.1/cs/file/e48e1fd5b3dd

Best,
Pavel Franc

Marcelo Poli

Jul 16, 2009, 12:17:26 PM7/16/09

Rimas Kudelis

Jul 16, 2009, 4:09:53 PM7/16/09

Rimas Kudelis

Jul 16, 2009, 4:11:39 PM7/16/09
Hi Robert,

Lithuanian opts in with
http://hg.mozilla.org/releases/l10n-mozilla-1.9.1/lt/file/658a0c8391e6

(ignore the previoust post if you see it).

RQ

Joaquim Perez

Jul 16, 2009, 5:41:58 PM7/16/09
to dev-...@lists.mozilla.org

Joaquim Perez

Jul 16, 2009, 6:10:16 PM7/16/09
to dev-...@lists.mozilla.org
Hi again

There was a little error in region.properties. I wrote a 4th contentHandler
that doesn't exist in en_US and for that reason seamonkey was orange in the
dashboard. Now I have deleted it and it's green in rev
http://hg.mozilla.org/releases/l10n-mozilla-1.9.1/ca/file/db0700c6e7cf

Sorry for the inconvenience

Quim

Catalan team

Ricardo Palomares Martí­nez

Jul 16, 2009, 6:15:32 PM7/16/09
Hi, Robert,

es-ES is opting-in the last minute (as I told before, I managed to go
on holidays just on the period starting the lousy string freeze and
ending in the deadline for opting-in; or it was TB and SM teams who
did manage to set the schedule just on my holidays?) ;-)

Anyway, this is the changeset we'd like to use:

http://hg.mozilla.org/releases/l10n-mozilla-1.9.1/es-ES/rev/e3698fba07da

Best regards

Robert Kaiser

Jul 17, 2009, 7:34:55 AM7/17/09
Robert Kaiser wrote:
> We expect to do builds soon after the L10n repo freeze date at Thursday,
> July 16th, 23:59 PDT (same as Thunderbird, by the way), but technically
> we can take any opt-in up to the actual start of the builds, so better
> try and post than miss the release.

The window has closed, the build process has been triggered, no chance
to ship additional L10n for this release any more unless you are the
pt-PT maintainer (see below) or we are doing a second build (and I hope
we won't).

Locales that opted in and ready to go for official SM2.0b1:
be ca cs de en-US es-AR es-ES fr gl lt nb-NO pl ru sk tr

Opted in but orange, will release as "unfinished" or not at all:
hu

Green on dashboard but not opted in, will release as "unfinished" or not
at all (may go official if maintainer signs off the revision we have
taken preliminarily for build):
pt-PT

15 locales are more than what we had as langpacks for any alpha, so I
think it's a good number for the first ever fully localized release :)

Robert Kaiser

Mad Maks

Jul 17, 2009, 3:04:42 PM7/17/09
to Robert Kaiser

to bad that this is happening during the holidays (and just 2/3 day for
opting in :-( as i had saw this tread yesterday you would have 16 locales

greetings and good luck with the first beta

Mad Maks

Robert Kaiser

Jul 17, 2009, 8:08:41 PM7/17/09
Mad Maks wrote:
> to bad that this is happening during the holidays (and just 2/3 day for
> opting in :-( as i had saw this tread yesterday you would have 16 locales

Yes, sorry for doing it on such short notice, we'll try to do better
next time.
And actually, Win tried to help you out, but unfortunately also slightly
too late :(

> greetings and good luck with the first beta

Thanks!

Robert Kaiser

Rimas Kudelis

Jul 20, 2009, 6:37:51 AM7/20/09
Hi Robert,

Just in case there will be a build 2, please use
http://hg.mozilla.org/releases/l10n-mozilla-1.9.1/lt/rev/820a9f29f28c
for it. I replaced help content with English files in this revision.

Thanks,
RQ

Robert Kaiser

Jul 21, 2009, 1:08:50 PM7/21/09
Rimas Kudelis wrote:
> Just in case there will be a build 2, please use
> http://hg.mozilla.org/releases/l10n-mozilla-1.9.1/lt/rev/820a9f29f28c
> for it. I replaced help content with English files in this revision.

No build2 is done, the release builds are currently synched out to the
mirrors. Any further fixes can be picked up in Beta 2.

Robert Kaiser

Siarhei

Jul 25, 2009, 7:11:44 AM7/25/09
Robert Kaiser напісаў(ла):

Done.

Siarhei

Robert Kaiser

Jul 28, 2009, 7:52:36 AM7/28/09
to Alexander L. Slovesnik
Alexander L. Slovesnik wrote:
> Russian (ru).
> http://hg.mozilla.org/releases/l10n-mozilla-1.9.1/ru/rev/32d01e8e7e60

Alexander, please look into the comments on my blog post at
http://home.kairo.at/blog/2009-07/windows_and_linux_testing_for_seamonkey#comments
- it sounds like there would be some issue with Russian, but I'm not
really sure what's up there (I can't read the Russian they posted there).

Robert Kaiser

Kálmán "KAMI" Szalai

Jul 28, 2009, 8:10:34 AM7/28/09
to dev-...@lists.mozilla.org
Hungarian opt-in (HU):
http://hg.mozilla.org/releases/l10n-mozilla-1.9.1/hu/file/b79fe2ae3d98

is green now!

KAMI

Robert Kaiser írta:
> Kálmán "KAMI" Szalai wrote:
>> Duplicated files have removed. I will test the problem of long list,
>> with lots of engines installed.
>
> Thanks.

>>> What blocks me from taking your L10n at this time though is that it's
>>> not green on http://l10n.mozilla.org/dashboard/?tree=sea20x - you have
>>> a lot of unused strings, please remove them.

>> Do we have automated way to remove such string. Removing such many
>> entries take time. I will prepare the help instead.
>
> No automated tool is available for this. Usually, removing obsolete
> strings should take about the same time as adding new ones, but in
> your case, where you have 477 obsolete strings as stated by
> compare-locales on dashboard, it surely is some work, that's true. On
> the other hand, it's also too many in my view to add Hungarian to the
> list of official builds in the release, but I decided to still add it
> and do a category of "unofficial" or "experimental" build where to add
> it, see http://www.seamonkey-project.org/releases/2.0b1#hu
>
> 2.0 Beta 1 will probably be released today/tonight, but there's
> another beta upcoming before final, so you should have some time to
> work on it.
>
> Greetings,
>
> Robert Kaiser

signature.asc
signature.asc

Robert Kaiser

Jul 30, 2009, 8:07:39 AM7/30/09
Kálmán "KAMI" Szalai wrote:
> Hungarian opt-in (HU):
> http://hg.mozilla.org/releases/l10n-mozilla-1.9.1/hu/file/b79fe2ae3d98
>
> is green now!

Nice, you're on the best way to being in the official list with 2.0 Beta
2, then ;-)

Robert Kaiser