Re: Help about Firefox 3

Message has been deleted

Axel Hecht

Nov 10, 2006, 8:06:35 AM11/10/06
Ahmet Serkan Tıratacı wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We want to start to work on Firefox 3, but there are a few points that
> are not clear.
>
> How can we syncronise MOZILLA_1_8_BRANCH with the trunk?
>
> Which tag should we use to check-in files on trunk?

HEAD is the tag-equivalent to use if you need to. Otherwise, just no tag
will get you the trunk automagically.

As for merging, if you have a common base tag of branch and trunk with
none or only few changes on the trunk since, you can really merge. Look
at the cvs book wiki. Trying

cvs -z3 update -j YOUR_BASE_TAG -j MOZILLA_1_8_BRANCH

might work. If you had check-ins on the trunk, you may end up with
conflicts, but those may be easy to resolve, depending on how much
changed. There's no general rule for that.

The other way is to just copy over all non-CVS files from a branch
check-out over to the trunk check-out, and to go from there.

> When will files be pulled from trunk to create another branch
> (MOZILLA_1_9_BRANCH?) for Firefox 3?

I don't know that yet. Maybe this is something we'll discuss next week.

Axel