[ANNOUNCE] Lightning/Sunbird 0.9 RC1 Available - Please test!

1 view

Simon Paquet

Sep 11, 2008, 1:22:48 PM9/11/08
Hi guys,

The first release candidate (RC1) of our 0.9 release is available in
31 languages[1] (counting ja and ja-JP-mac as one)! I know you've been
waiting a long time for it, so grab yourself a build. Here are the
links:

* Lightning 0.9 RC1:
o Windows[2]
o Linux[3]
o Mac OS X[4]
o Solaris (Intel)[5]
o Solaris (SPARC)[6]

The Lightning builds contain all available locales.

* Sunbird 0.9 RC1:
o Windows[7]
o Linux[8]
o Mac OS X[9]
o Solaris (Intel)[10]
o Solaris (SPARC)[11]

To download a localized Sunbird build, you'll need adjust the link and
replace the "ab-CD" string with the locale code of your locale, e.g.
"ko" for Korean.

We really need your help to complete the rest of the L10N Checks and
the Update testing, as you can see from our Test Plan[12].

The Update Testing is of special concern to us, because historically
this has always been where we have found critical issues in our release
candidate builds. So, please take a look. Feel free to update the test
plan wiki[12] or leave a comment on this post with what you tested, so
we can track what has been done versus what is still remaining to do.

If you have problems or questions, please drop by #calendar-qa on IRC.

Happy Testing!
Simon

[1] ca, cs, da, de, es-AR, es-ES, eu, fr, ga-IE, hu, is, it, ja-JP-mac,
ja, ka, ko, lt, nb-NO, nl, nn-NO, pl, pt-BR, pt-PT, ro, ru, sk, sl,
sv-SE, uk, zh-CN, zh-TW

[2]http://releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/calendar/lightning/releases/0.9rc1/lightning-0.9rc1.win32.xpi
[3]http://releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/calendar/lightning/releases/0.9rc1/lightning-0.9rc1.linux-i686.xpi
[4]http://releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/calendar/lightning/releases/0.9rc1/lightning-0.9rc1.mac.xpi
[5]http://releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/calendar/lightning/releases/0.9rc1/lightning-0.9rc1.solaris-i386.xpi
[6]http://releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/calendar/lightning/releases/0.9rc1/lightning-0.9rc1.solaris-sparc.xpi

[7]http://download.mozilla.org/?product=sunbird-0.9rc1&os=win&lang=ab-CD
[8]http://download.mozilla.org/?product=sunbird-0.9rc1&os=linux&lang=ab-CD
[9]http://download.mozilla.org/?product=sunbird-0.9rc1&os=osx&lang=ab-CD
[10]http://download.mozilla.org/?product=sunbird-0.9rc1&os=solaris-i386&lang=ab-CD
[11]http://download.mozilla.org/?product=sunbird-0.9rc1&os=solaris-sparc&lang=ab-CD

[12]https://wiki.mozilla.org/Calendar:QA_Test_Plan_0.9

--
Thunderbird/Calendar Localization (L10n) Coordinator
Calendar developer blog: http://weblogs.mozillazine.org/calendar

Fryske Firefox

Sep 12, 2008, 7:32:52 AM9/12/08
to dev-...@lists.mozilla.org
Simon,

How can we install this on a current Thunderbird profile with Lightning 0.8,
without loosing data?
Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,
--
Wim
fryske...@gmail.com

Rimas Kudelis

Sep 12, 2008, 8:22:35 AM9/12/08
Fryske,

when you install an add-on on top of its older version, it gets updated.
I've installed this RC build on one computer where 0.8 was running, and
no data was lost.

RQ

Fryske Firefox

Sep 12, 2008, 8:45:40 AM9/12/08
to dev-...@lists.mozilla.org
Rimas,

Well with good faith I installed 0.9.
I only lost connection to Google calendars, others are ok as far as I
can see.
Apparently Provider for Google calendar needs anupdate too.
Anyone know how to resolve this?

Kind regards,
Wim

Fryske Firefox

Sep 12, 2008, 8:54:04 AM9/12/08
to dev-...@lists.mozilla.org
Ok found this one myself, the latest Provider for Google calendar
is at:
ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/calendar/lightning/nightly/latest-mozilla1.8/
After installing all is back :)

Kind regards,
Wim