English United States Dictionary

Giuliano Masseroni

Oct 6, 2006, 7:09:00 AM10/6/06
Hello,

First of all I'd like to make it clear that I'm sending this message to
the newsgroup just to avoid a possible duplication of work and not to
spread around something I've done.

As all you can imagine many of us not English spoken people have a lot
of troubles while writing in that language.

Due to the fact that Firefox 2 will (finally) support spell-checking
I've packaged an extension based the en-US xpi dictionary hosted by
http://dictionaries.mozdev.org/ and used up to now for TB, following the
directives requested by Mozilla for spell-checker extensions to be
installed in Firefox 2.

After that I've submitted it to AMO and now it has been approved.

Firefox 2 users can download this extension (named English United States
Dictionary) by following this link: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/3497/

I hope this can help all the people that, like me, are needing an en-US
spell-checker.

Cheers
Giuliano

--
Mozilla Italia Web Site
http://www.mozillaitalia.org/

Mozilla Italia Forums
http://forum.mozillaitalia.org/

Jesper Kristensen

Oct 7, 2006, 6:36:59 AM10/7/06
Giuliano Masseroni skrev:

> Hello,
>
> First of all I'd like to make it clear that I'm sending this message to
> the newsgroup just to avoid a possible duplication of work and not to
> spread around something I've done.
>
> As all you can imagine many of us not English spoken people have a lot
> of troubles while writing in that language.
>
> Due to the fact that Firefox 2 will (finally) support spell-checking
> I've packaged an extension based the en-US xpi dictionary hosted by
> http://dictionaries.mozdev.org/ and used up to now for TB, following the
> directives requested by Mozilla for spell-checker extensions to be
> installed in Firefox 2.
>
> After that I've submitted it to AMO and now it has been approved.
>
> Firefox 2 users can download this extension (named English United States
> Dictionary) by following this link:
> https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/3497/
>
> I hope this can help all the people that, like me, are needing an en-US
> spell-checker.
>
> Cheers
> Giuliano

Sounds great!

Does anyone have a clue on when the Danish dictionary will be available? It
has been in the approval query at amo in a couple of months.

Robert Kaiser

Oct 7, 2006, 3:14:07 PM10/7/06
Jesper Kristensen schrieb:

> Does anyone have a clue on when the Danish dictionary will be available?
> It has been in the approval query at amo in a couple of months.

Then it probably has been rejected because of the non-ASCII-character
problem we had in AMO and just has to be re-submitted to get approved.

Robert Kaiser

Jesper Kristensen

Oct 7, 2006, 3:31:05 PM10/7/06
I will try ask the person who submitted the dict again, last i asked it
wasn't rejected nor approved, but that was a week or two ago.

Brian King

Oct 7, 2006, 3:57:24 PM10/7/06
to dev-...@lists.mozilla.org
On 07/10/2006 12:36 (CET), Jesper Kristensen wrote:

> Does anyone have a clue on when the Danish dictionary will be available?
> It has been in the approval query at amo in a couple of months.

you should log into irc.mozilla.org #amo and nag the folks there to
review it, or at least give you some status on it.

--
Brian King
www.mozdev.org - free project hosting for the Mozilla community