cvs removing unix installer files coming up

Axel Hecht

Apr 8, 2008, 2:36:02 PM4/8/08
Hi all,

Phil Ringnalda whacked together a patch to remove the unix installer
stuff, including the old localized files.

I'll do a follow up landing for that, cvs removing

browser/installer/installer.inc and unix/install.it.

windows/install.it isn't part of the patch, still need to look at that.

Anyway, this has been not part of the build, so it's just going to make
stuff easier, but I wanted to give you a heads up notice that this is
going to land on purpose, and I'm going to mess with your reps to shave
off a dash of work for you.

Just cvs update when I follow up to this that I checked in, and you'll
be fine.

Axel

Axel Hecht

Apr 8, 2008, 6:45:04 PM4/8/08

Change in plans: Phil is going to land, recreating his tree with cvs
removed binary files etc was too brittle for now. He's going to try to
get that done tonight USA time, and I'll pick up the litter in l10n
tomorrow morning.

This is really just obsoleting files in l10n, so your builds shouldn't
bother.

Axel

Axel Hecht

Apr 8, 2008, 6:46:39 PM4/8/08

PPS: If you feel like doing the change yourself, that's perfectly fine
with me :-). Do make sure though that you're not doing it before he's
doing it. No matter how not part of the build those files actually are,
compare-locales is going to bust on them missing as long as they're in
en-US. Just wanted to clarify, sorry for those that get mails for this.

Axel

Axel Hecht

Apr 9, 2008, 3:46:07 AM4/9/08

Phil checked in, and I'm creating a tree now, check-in following shortly.

Axe

Axel Hecht

Apr 9, 2008, 4:50:22 AM4/9/08

Landed. Please update your cvs repositories. If you get conflicts,
that's likely because you had local edits to those files, the way to
resolve the conflicts is to remove the files, and to update again :-)

Axel