Shredder (Thunderbird) Alpha 2 build testing

1 view

Wayne Mery

Aug 5, 2008, 6:53:53 PM8/5/08
Dear localizers

A2 is undergoing testing and 12 locale builds are available, listed at
http://wiki.mozilla.org/Thunderbird3/TestResults/Alpha2/L10N

If you are able to run smoketests or BFT tests, as listed below, it
would be appreciated. And offer your feedback.

Thanks

Hello!

We now have builds to test - the QA step required before releasing a2 to
the public. We have roughly 2 days to complete testing, so we need all
hands. For those of you who enthusiastically volunteered we hope you
are able to participate.

The QA process and details, and contact information are listed at
http://wiki.mozilla.org/QA/Thunderbird3/TestResults/Alpha2

Builds are available at
http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/thunderbird/nightly/3.0a2-candidates/build1/

The tests we need done are listed below. BFT (Basic Functionality
Tests) are the most important tests - using litmus. If you do not have
time to do BFT tests we hope that you will be able to either smoketest
(shorter test set), try a build for a specific locale (verify build is
usable), or do a spot check. All of these test are listed after the BFT
description below.

Thanks very much in advance for your assistance.

BFTs
----

BFTs are split into test groups. To best use and reduce your testing
time we have labeled the test groups below with either MZ, AL, star or
left it blank:
* "*" priority items - not everyone has the resources to test
it - so if you have access the resource, please do these first and
run that test group
* "Blank" indicates items we hope everyone will test
* AL and MZ - if your last name is within that range, A-to-L or
M-to-Z, please run that test group

When you are done, or if you find yourself running out of time, you can
help by selecting subgroups that show the least amount of testing
coverage on the "Select Subgroup" list.

To do BFTs
1. go to https://litmus.mozilla.org/run_tests.cgi?test_run_id=29
2. login
3. set your build, platform, os, locale, click "submit configuration"

And you're off and running

Subgroup list for BFTs
----------------------
Install, shutdown, uninstall
MZ-Migration
MZ-Import
MZ-Window configuration
AL-Toolbars and menus
AL-Account settings & Preferences (Options)
* IMAP accounts
* POP accounts (exclude Global Inbox)
* Global inbox
Mail composition
MZ-Spell checker
MZ-RSS account & subscriptions
MZ-Newsgroups
Navigating and displaying messages
AL-Downloading and saving
AL-Image blocking
AL-Return receipts
* Proxies
MZ-Offline, disk space
Moving, copying, deleting messages
Views and labeling messages
MZ-Message filters
MZ-Message search
AL-Address search
AL-Saved Search folders
AL-Message Grouping
Message Aging
Quicksearch
MZ-Address books
MZ-Junk mail
MZ-Extensions
AL-Theme management
AL-Help
AL-Printing
AL-Master Passwords & password management
* Phishing, spoof detection
* Secure connections
* Digital signing, encrypting messages
MZ-Software Update

smoketests
----------
Access litmus using the procedure above for BFT, but use the URL for
smoketests: https://litmus.mozilla.org/run_tests.cgi?test_run_id=28

locale
-------
Verify build is usable and update the wiki at
http://wiki.mozilla.org/Thunderbird3/TestResults/Alpha2/L10N

smoketest if possible

Spot checks
-----------
... are casual visual inspection. Visit
http://wiki.mozilla.org/QA/Thunderbird3/TestResults/Alpha2#Thunderbird_Spot_Check
and update the wiki

flod (Francesco Lodolo)

Aug 6, 2008, 1:57:13 AM8/6/08
to Mozilla l10n
Wayne Mery ha scritto:

> The QA process and details, and contact information are listed at
> http://wiki.mozilla.org/QA/Thunderbird3/TestResults/Alpha2
>
> Builds are available at
> http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/thunderbird/nightly/3.0a2-candidates/build1/
The wiki page says that it (Italian) is one of the locales available, in
the build directory I don't see Italian builds while there are lt
(Lituanian) builds.

Francesco

Nick Thomas

Aug 6, 2008, 5:06:52 AM8/6/08

Looks like a typo in copying the list of locales. It should be lt and
not it, so I've updated the wiki.

Wayne Mery

Aug 7, 2008, 2:10:49 AM8/7/08

Thanks for making that change.

Builds to be tested are :

Wayne Mery

Aug 7, 2008, 2:13:09 AM8/7/08
On 8/6/2008 5:06 AM, Nick Thomas wrote:

Thanks for making that change.

Builds available for you to test and mark in litmus or on the wiki:

cs
de
es-ES
fr
ka
ko
lt
nb-NO
nn-NO
pl
pt-PT
ru
sk
sv-SE
zh-CN

Wayne

Aug 7, 2008, 9:28:17 PM8/7/08
if you had any difficulty getting to the litmus tests

1. https://litmus.mozilla.org
2. login (create account if needed)
3. https://litmus.mozilla.org/run_tests.cgi?test_run_id=29 (for BFT)
https://litmus.mozilla.org/run_tests.cgi?test_run_id=28 (smoketest)
4. fill blanks/selections below "Please provide your configuration"
(get buildid from thunderbird help|about)

proceed with testing

Thanks for your help