Mozilla Sunbird and Lightning 0.3 RC1

lilmatt

Sep 28, 2006, 4:44:48 AM9/28/06
(x-posted to m.d.apps.calendar, m.support.calendar, and m.d.l10n)

All,
We have landed the last blocking bug for Mozilla Sunbird and Lightning
0.3. Therefore, if the 2006-09-28 nightly build completes successfully
and is free of any serious regressions, it will become the first
release candidate (RC) for Sunbird and Lightning 0.3. Please note that
some "hand-rolling" will still need to be done to Lightning to add
Intel Mac support and package the locales. Testers should continue to
test as normal, and we'll add in the extras as we approach a final RC.

Localizers:
We will be tagging the /l10n repository no earlier than 2006-10-03
07:00 UTC (Tuesday morning at 00:00 Pacific), effectively freezing the
localizations that will be shipping with Sunbird and Lightning 0.3. If
you have not completed your localization at this point, you must have
it done and checked in prior to that time. Since we will be packaging
all locales with Lightning 0.3, having your localization complete and
checked in by this time is critical. If you do not, it will most
likely _not_ ship with Lightning 0.3. If you are having any difficulty
getting your localization checked in, please visit the developers in
#calendar or #l10n on IRC for assistance.

Thank you again to all our developers, contributors, localizers,
testers, and supporters. We would not be able to do this without your
assistance!

-lilmatt

Storm

Oct 3, 2006, 3:58:30 PM10/3/06
OK, I'll bite: What likely release date does this translate into? Like,
where do I put this calendar on my calendar, dude?

Christopher Jahn

Oct 4, 2006, 12:02:33 AM10/4/06
So far, I'm liking RC1. Calendars opened relatively quickly.
Printing works flawlessly.

--
}:-) Christopher Jahn
{:-( http://home.comcast.net/~xjahn/Main.html