[ANNOUNCE] Localizing mozilla-central, and branching for 1.9.3

Axel Hecht

Oct 9, 2009, 9:10:50 AM10/9/09

we've discussed this in person in Prague, and here's what we'd like to do:

We want to keep most teams focused on 1.9.2 and not distract them with
central. At the same time, we want to make sure that central is in great
shape for localization when 1.9.3 comes. So I'm looking for a core set
of teams that want to stay involved in localizing central.

It'd be great to get coverage over geographic regions, plural forms,
fonts, RTL, at least.

If you want to participate, please follow up on the survey
https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dDZzb01EMUVYd0N1YmF5QlVSWmVZN2c6MA,
just your locale code, "Yes" as default for central should be fine, and
if you want to, leave your name.

What does this mean for branching 1.9.3?

We're hoping to branch 1.9.3 from 1.9.2 directly for the majority of our
localizations, and just for those that are actually working on central,
we will branch that.

That should get us into a better defined shape for 1.9.3, while not
loosing any of the community input that we currently get on the active
development on central.

HTH

Axel

Benoit

Oct 9, 2009, 1:39:50 PM10/9/09
Le 9/10/2009 15:10, Axel Hecht a �crit :

> Hi,
>
> we've discussed this in person in Prague, and here's what we'd like to do:
>
> We want to keep most teams focused on 1.9.2 and not distract them with
> central. At the same time, we want to make sure that central is in great
> shape for localization when 1.9.3 comes. So I'm looking for a core set
> of teams that want to stay involved in localizing central.

Hi,

I'm not sure of what we should answer for the French locale.

We definitely want to stay involved in localizing central, and we always
try to keep the dashboard green.

But we currently don't do active QA on the central builds, what we test
as "dogfood" are the next release nightlies and betas. Maybe we'll have
to resources to do both later, but I don't think it is currently the case.

In short, we would want to continue what we do, but we're not sure it's
actually useful for what you're asking for.

--
Benoit
FrenchMozilla l10n team

Abdulkadir Topal

Oct 11, 2009, 1:59:30 PM10/11/09
Benoit schrieb:

I would like to throw in a "mee to" for the German locale.

Best,
Kadir

Rimas Kudelis

Oct 11, 2009, 4:59:15 PM10/11/09
2009.10.11 20:59, Abdulkadir Topal rašė:
> Benoit schrieb:

Same here. I'm not actively testing 3.7 yet, and I will probably not do
that until after 3.6 is released. OTOH, I do sync the tree and even poke
developers to fix this and that sometimes...

Rimas

flod (Francesco Lodolo)

Oct 12, 2009, 1:40:21 AM10/12/09
to dev-...@lists.mozilla.org

> Same here. I'm not actively testing 3.7 yet, and I will probably not do
> that until after 3.6 is released. OTOH, I do sync the tree and even poke
> developers to fix this and that sometimes...

Guys, please read the first message, you don't have to answer to the
list ;-)