Re: Localizing new bugzilla product and component names

1 view

Axel Hecht

Mar 31, 2010, 6:40:48 PM3/31/10
I've probably should've opened this up in .web as well, catching up on
that oversight.

For those in .web that don't follow .l10n or .governance, this is about
restructuring the bugzilla components for l10n, discussed in
http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.governance/browse_frm/thread/5983760ed8357cfc#.
The beef is wrapped up in
http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.governance/msg/011a024c7fb39360.

For the folks here, top level summary, there will be a bugzilla
component and a mail alias to watch for just web-facing l10n for each
localization.

Axel

On 31.03.10 15:27, Axel Hecht wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we've set up a project on localize.m.o,
> http://localize.mozilla.org/verbatim/projects/bugzilla_components/, to
> gather the translated bugzilla component names.
>
> You won't need all strings if you're just doing Firefox, or just two of
> the projects. If you're interested in localizing weave sync, start
> filling that out already.
>
> If you're localizing more than one of Firefox, Thunderbird, SeaMonkey,
> please translate the toolkit component, too.
>
> The translation don't need to be verbatim (lol), use something that
> helps users to file new bugs right. The first string (product context)
> will be used on a page similar to
> https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/enter_bug.cgi?classification=Client%20Software,
> and the other are then on a page like
> https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=Mozilla%20Localizations&component=Infrastructure,
> the green text in the "Component Description" groupbox.
>
> Not all locales are set up yet, I'm going through that now. If you need
> permissions, poke us on #l10n.
>
> Axel

Axel Hecht

Mar 31, 2010, 7:00:55 PM3/31/10
Just seeing this in at least one example:

The string LANGUAGE is intended to be replaced by your actual language,
it's not some variable that we'd replace with software.

Thanks

Axel