Components.classes[cid] has no properties!

Kenny

Jun 6, 2006, 12:03:12 PM6/6/06
Hi, everyone

I have tried creating XPCOM for thunderbird and I have gotten it to
work on a

machine that has Visual Studio 2005 installed. However, when I try to copy
the .xpt and

dll to the "../component" folder, jar file + manifest file to chrome
folder, and register

XPCOM, to another XP machine. I get this "Components.classes[cid] has no

properties!" error. Can someone tell me what I did wrong or missing?

Neil

Jun 7, 2006, 5:07:09 AM6/7/06
Kenny wrote:

>I try to copy the .xpt and dll to the "../component" folder, jar file + manifest file to chrome folder, and register XPCOM, to another XP machine. I get this "Components.classes[cid] has no properties!" error. Can someone tell me what I did wrong or missing?

The most likely reason is that the .dll cannot load, possibly because it
needs you to install the latest C++ run-time support DLLs.

--
Warning: May contain traces of nuts.

Kenny

Jun 7, 2006, 10:14:42 AM6/7/06
Thank Neil for you reply. So I tried to use the dependency walker on the my
DLL on "working machine" and sees that msvcr80.dll is needed. I then copy
the msvcr80.dll to system32 directory of the new machine. However, I still
get the same error.

"Neil" <ne...@parkwaycc.co.uk> wrote in message

Neil

Jun 7, 2006, 4:15:02 PM6/7/06
Kenny wrote:

>Thank Neil for you reply. So I tried to use the dependency walker on the my DLL on "working machine" and sees that msvcr80.dll is needed. I then copy the msvcr80.dll to system32 directory of the new machine. However, I still get the same error.

Is this Windows XP? If so, there are special rules for installing DLLs,
unfortunately I don't know what they are.

Harry

Jul 1, 2006, 6:01:29 PM7/1/06

I think the .net framework has to be installed + maybe some special install

Take a look at:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnnetdep/html/ndp2_dplvs.asp

harry