JavaXPCOM disabled, to be removed

Benjamin Smedberg

Jul 26, 2010, 2:25:09 PM7/26/10
I just landed bug 577426, which has removed JavaXPCOM support from
XULRunner, because it was broken and there is no active maintainer. We do
not plan on re-enabling this code as part of XULRunner itself, and I will be
removing the code from the mozilla-central code repository shortly.

If you are an embedder who uses JavaXPCOM and is interested in maintaining
that functionality, please let me know, and I can help you get code hosting
on hg.mozilla.org and set up so that you can continue the JavaXPCOM project.

--BDS

Tyler Breisacher

Aug 2, 2010, 4:37:18 PM8/2/10
Will we still be able to use Java code in Firefox extensions, as
described at https://developer.mozilla.org/en/java_in_firefox_extensions
? It sounds like this is an unrelated change, and that will still
work, but I want to make sure. Thanks.

Benjamin Smedberg

Aug 5, 2010, 10:02:29 AM8/5/10

Yes, that is an unrelated technology. Extensions will be able to use java
the same way web content does, through the java plugin (if the user has the
java plugin enabled, of course).

--BDS