contentDocument not populated on PageShow

Tom

Feb 26, 2008, 12:52:35 PM2/26/08
Hello everyone,

On some websites when pageshow is fired contentDocument is not correctly
populated.

I have an extension which shows the problem available at
http://foobartastic.com/moz/pageshowprob.xpi

Here's how to use it:
go to cvmarket.lt
open the sidebar
click the show the bug button
watch your error console for the error messages the extension shows
(make sure you can see chrome error messages).

The real core of the extension is in AttackRunner.js. What the runner
does is it clones the current tab. Then, on page show (which is fired
after everything is loaded), it checks if the number of forms
(and elements in each form) is the same in the new tab as in the current
tab. If they're not then an error is show in the error console.

This does bug does not show up on all sites but does show up on some.
cvmarket.lt is a solid test case.

I'd really appreciate any advice,

Tom

Tom

Feb 27, 2008, 4:38:10 PM2/27/08
Hi All,

Just wanted to provide some more information from some testing I did
using smaug's advice on IRC.

When I get the pageshow event, event.originalTarget (an HTMLDocument
object) has incorrectly populated forms. Just like browser.contentDocument.

What the heck is going on here!??!

Tom

Brian King

Feb 28, 2008, 7:20:41 AM2/28/08
to dev-ext...@lists.mozilla.org
Tom wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> On some websites when pageshow is fired contentDocument is not correctly
> populated.

Have you tried using DOMContentLoaded instead of pageshow?

- Brian

themys...@gmail.com

Apr 1, 2008, 9:02:08 PM4/1/08

Hi Brian,

Sorry for not replying for so long.

I don't think DOMContentLoaded is a solution as it happens before
pageshow (pageshow is the last event). So if ContentDocument doesn't
work by pageshow how can it work during DOMContentLoaded, right?

Thanks for the thought, though.

Tom

rathod...@gmail.com

Sep 19, 2014, 2:15:12 AM9/19/14
Hi I am trying to test my local application with XSS tool of Mozilla.
but faced below mentioned issue.
What could be the reason how could i get rid of it.
Please reply me as soon as possible.
issue :-

" There was an error while testing this site. This was likely due to Mozilla bug 420025. Please help us track this bug by either emailing us the url to this site or commenting on the bug. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope to have this fixed soon. How can I resolve this issue. Any help would be appreciable"