[Thunderbird] How to extract information from a mail

Sami Amouri

Oct 3, 2006, 2:14:03 PM10/3/06
Hello,

I'm currently working on a plugin that save mail on a server. I wanted to
know how to extract the subject, sender, date and the body of a mail when
you are reading one.

Thanks.

--
Sami AMOURI - EPITA SIGL Promotion 2007
Mail: amou...@free.fr

Brian King

Oct 8, 2006, 3:38:11 PM10/8/06
On 03/10/2006 20:14 (CET), Sami Amouri wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm currently working on a plugin that save mail on a server. I wanted to
> know how to extract the subject, sender, date and the body of a mail when
> you are reading one.

Subject, sender and date can be retrieved via the nsIMsgHdr interface.

To get the body of a message, use nsIMsgMessageService.streamMessage.
The message service for a particular message can be got by the global
messenger.messageServiceFromURI(aURI).

--
Brian King
www.mozdev.org - free project hosting for the Mozilla community