How to save XUL UI to a xul file?

Jinhyun Ahn

Nov 24, 2006, 10:05:53 PM11/24/06
to dev-ext...@lists.mozilla.org
Sorry for my poor English :-)

Thanks to the reference

http://www.xulplanet.com/tutorials/xultu/dommodify.html

I knew that it is possible to add XUL components to XUL window at run-time.

But, I still have no idea about converting the arrangement of XUL components
to a XUL file.

In other words, I want to change the XUL user-interface at run-time, and
save the modified user-interface into a XUL file to be prepared for reusing
in later.

I welcome any idea or references.

Nickolay Ponomarev

Nov 26, 2006, 11:44:56 AM11/26/06
to Jinhyun Ahn, dev-ext...@lists.mozilla.org
On 11/25/06, Jinhyun Ahn <budo...@comedu.korea.ac.kr> wrote:
> In other words, I want to change the XUL user-interface at run-time, and
> save the modified user-interface into a XUL file to be prepared for reusing
> in later.

I wonder why you need to do this.

The only way of "saving" XUL is to serialize the modified DOM using
XMLSerializer.

Nickolay

Karsten Düsterloh

Nov 30, 2006, 5:59:15 PM11/30/06
Jinhyun Ahn aber hob zu reden an und schrieb:

> I knew that it is possible to add XUL components to XUL window at run-time.
>
> But, I still have no idea about converting the arrangement of XUL components
> to a XUL file.

You should be able to use the XMLSerializer:
<http://www.xulplanet.com/references/objref/XMLSerializer.html>
<http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/XMLSerializer>

Karsten
--