How to "extend" a FF extension to Thunderbird

1 view

c.m.

Oct 21, 2006, 1:00:09 PM10/21/06
Hiya,

I developed an extension for FF that add some icons and a
context-menu on the FF statusbar. Now, what I'd like to do is to
"migrate" the same application for Thunderbird.

Can anyone suggest me an easy way or a website link to do it?

Many Thanks,

c.m.

Philip Chee

Oct 22, 2006, 3:50:47 AM10/22/06

Step 1: Add Thunderbird compatibility info to install.rdf.

Step 2: Overlay messenger.xul { instead of / as well as } browser.xul.

Step 3: Add code to fix errors that crop up now that your extension is
running in Thunderbird.

Hint: Look at how the autohidestatusbar extension (which works in
Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey) does it.

Phil

--
Philip Chee <phi...@aleytys.pc.my>, <phili...@gmail.com>
[ ]Don't let this glad expression give you the wrong impression ...