Symbolic Link

isnw

Oct 7, 2009, 11:03:23 PM10/7/09
Is it possible to create a symbolic link through a Firefox extension?
We can create files and folders but I haven't found a method for
creating symlinks in MDC yet.

Pavol Mišík

Oct 8, 2009, 12:51:40 AM10/8/09
I think you can create native component that will offer this
functionality to your extension. But you have to do this for every
supported platform and of course you have to check if file system
support this feature.

PM-

isnw

Oct 8, 2009, 8:52:58 PM10/8/09
That makes sense. Thanks for the feedback.

slotboxed

Oct 15, 2009, 6:21:15 AM10/15/09

you can do it through a shell script

--------------------------------

var shell = "/bin/sh";

var file = Components.classes["@mozilla.org/file/local;1"]
.createInstance(Components.interfaces.nsILocalFile);

file.initWithPath(shell);

var process = Components.classes["@mozilla.org/process/util;1"]
.createInstance(Components.interfaces.nsIProcess);

process.init(file);

found at http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=663377

slotboxed

Oct 15, 2009, 6:49:22 AM10/15/09

oops, missed the last two lines of code:

var args = ["path/to/script","arg1","arg2","etc"];

process.run(false, args, args.length);