Security best practices?

Ben Whaley

Nov 9, 2006, 11:11:28 AM11/9/06
Is anyone aware of a "security best practices" type of document for
extension development? Didn't find anything on mozdev or XULPlanet...

- Ben

Ben Whaley

Nov 9, 2006, 1:06:53 PM11/9/06
I found this article that is basically what I'm looking for... no need
to reply.

http://www.rietta.com/firefox/Tutorial/security.html

rob rhyne

Nov 9, 2006, 2:45:11 PM11/9/06
to Ben Whaley, dev-ext...@lists.mozilla.org
Actually,

Please do link to any extension security sites. I found the article
Ben linked a helpful introduction, but I would love some real world
examples.

I'm developing a pretty standard javascript extension that doesn't
access the user's file structure, only uses the preferences service
to store small text data and who's most processor intensive action is
an interval. What kinds of general issues should we look out for when
developing?

Ben Whaley

Nov 9, 2006, 2:49:38 PM11/9/06
I did find this article that has more useful information...

kb.mozillazine.org/Security_Policies

- Ben