Developing a spelling Dictionary

hrz...@gmail.com

Oct 26, 2006, 8:43:38 AM10/26/06
Hi!
There is new feature of firefox that speels the text areas while
writing. But there is no Turkish dictionary for this. How can I develop
my own. Are there any document about it on movdev.org ?

Benjamin Smedberg

Oct 26, 2006, 9:07:04 AM10/26/06

What you need is a myspell dictionary. This is the same dictionary format
used by OpenOffice. I don't know whether we have any good documentation on
the format, though the web probably does.

Once you have the .aff and .dic files, let the Turkish l10n team know and
they can create the extension using my dictionary-packager tool. Setting
followup to mozilla.dev.l10n... there may already be a Turkish dictionary in
the works, so let's ask there.

--BDS

Ahmet Serkan Tıratacı

Oct 29, 2006, 1:21:56 PM10/29/06
to Benjamin Smedberg
Benjamin Smedberg yazmış:

I once created a Turkish dictionary, but it's far from being good to be
used. So I never released it.

If you email me, I can share it with you.

Serkan

--
Mozilla Türkiye