Sidebar with normal page behaviour

indiwa

Nov 17, 2006, 2:42:37 AM11/17/06
Hello,

I developed a simple new sidebar, which does nothing more than show a
certain URL.
The main reason is to access a page with intranet links in the sidebar
and open this through a keyboard shortcut.
But if I control-click on links in that sidebar for opening new tabs,
the content is displayed in the current tab. And a right click doesn't
show any context menu.
If I open the Page through a bookmark with the setting "open in
sidebar" all works fine, but I cannot access this link through a
keyboard-shortcut.

Here is my main extension code:

<overlay id="indiwaSidebar"
xmlns="http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul">
<menupopup id="viewSidebarMenu">
<menuitem key="key_openindiwaSidebar" observes="viewindiwaSidebar"
/>
</menupopup>

<keyset id="mainKeyset">
<key id="key_openindiwaSidebar" command="viewindiwaSidebar"
keycode="VK_F4" modifiers="" />
</keyset>

<broadcasterset id="mainBroadcasterSet">
<broadcaster id="viewindiwaSidebar"
label="indiwa Sidebar"
autoCheck="false"
type="checkbox"
group="sidebar"
sidebarurl="http://my.intranet.url"
sidebartitle="indiwa Sidebar"
oncommand="toggleSidebar('viewindiwaSidebar');" />
</broadcasterset>
</overlay>

How can I make this Sidebar work like a normal Page, with Ctrl-Click
for new Tabs and Right-Click for Context Menu?

gmgj

Nov 17, 2006, 4:25:30 PM11/17/06
its been a while, but, I believe what I did was put the file with the
links in an HTML file, and included it like this.

<iframe id="gj53run-sidebar-iframe" flex="1"
src="chrome://gj53run/content/CookBook/MySidebar.htm"/>

example xul file
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<?xml-stylesheet href="chrome://global/skin" type="text/css"?>
<?xml-stylesheet href="chrome://gj53run/skin/gj53run.css"
type="text/css"?>

<!DOCTYPE window SYSTEM "chrome://gj53run/locale/gj53run.dtd">

<window
xmlns="http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul"
xmlns:html="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"
id="gj53run-ShowMenu-sidebar"
onload="gj53runSidebarMenuOnload()"
onunload="gj53runSidebarMenuOnUnload()">

<script type="application/x-javascript"
src="chrome://gj53run/content/utilsxul.js"/>
<script type="application/x-javascript"
src="chrome://gj53run/content/gj53runMenuXUL.js"/>

<iframe id="gj53run-sidebar-iframe" flex="1"
src="chrome://gj53run/content/CookBook/MySidebar.htm"/>

</window>

Then something like this in your overlay will work
<broadcaster id="gj53run-xxh-sidebar"
autoCheck="false"
label="&gj53run.menuitem.SFT2.label;"
type="checkbox" group="sidebar"
sidebarurl="chrome://gj53run/content/xxxx.xul"

oncommand="toggleSidebar('gj53run-xxxxx-sidebar');"/>

If you follow the links from www.cookdotcom.com you can download my
alpha extension.
There is a working example their, it the main menu