Re: Custom button doesn't appear automatically

Message has been deleted

Steven Rogers

Oct 20, 2006, 8:58:32 PM10/20/06
to dev-ext...@lists.mozilla.org

On Oct 19, 2006, at 3:34 AM, Ivan Suchy wrote:

> Hello all,
> I have created custom button for firefox 1.5 strictly following
> tutorial on MDC:
> http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/Custom_Toolbar_Button
> Extension is possible to install, but button doesn't appear
> automatically in the toolbar after firefox restart and I must add it
> explicitly via Customize. Any idea?

I also got the button to work, but haven't been able to figure out
how to make it appear by default.

Another issue I noticed is that I had to enlarge the size of the icon
to make it look right on OS X. The large and small icons are 32x32
and 24x24. At first I thought it was a mistake in the tutorial, but
then I noticed my icon that matches on OS X looks huge on the PC -
the 24x24 and 16x16 icons used in the tutorial match on the PC. So
what's the deal with that? Is there an example somewhere of how to
make a cross-platform button that looks correct on both systems?

Thanks,
Steve