Invalid chrome URI: /

Eric Jung

Nov 23, 2009, 9:28:51 PM11/23/09
to dev-ext...@lists.mozilla.org
Hi,

My extension is causing this error in the Javascript console:

Invalid chrome URI: /

but I don't know how to track down the source of the problem. Anyone
have any clues or tips?

Many thanks,
Eric Jung

John J. Barton

Nov 24, 2009, 1:54:12 AM11/24/09

Is the category "Javascript"? Chromebug can probably help, or you can
try Firebug, Firebug Icon Menu > Open Tracing, Option "FBS-ERRORS". That
tracks the output of jsd.onError(). If the error comes from JS anywhere
in the app you will get a stack trace.

jjb

Gijs Kruitbosch

Nov 24, 2009, 5:53:29 AM11/24/09
to eric...@yahoo.com

http://mxr.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/search?string=invalid%20chrome%20uri

So it looks like something is calling that with the URL "chrome:/". There aren't
that many callers, if it's not obvious from your add-on code what's causing
this, a debugger and conditional breakpoints on GetProviderAndPath might be most
efficient...

~ Gijs

Eric Jung

Nov 25, 2009, 3:55:50 PM11/25/09
to dev-ext...@lists.mozilla.org
On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 5:53 AM, Gijs Kruitbosch
<gijskru...@gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks for the help, John and Gijs. I think, actually, that the
message was originating from Firebug, not FoxyProxy. Anyway,
uninstalling and reinstalling both resolved the issue.

Eric