Question about Firefox Save As dialog

Protocoder

Oct 8, 2009, 12:08:41 AM10/8/09
Is it possible to call Firefox Save As dialog (
chrome://mozapps/content/downloads/unknownContentType.xul ) with
specifying URL?

I found that class for this dialog stored in "nsHelperAppDlg.js" and
called "nsUnknownContentTypeDialog", but i don't understand how to use
it :(

I want to create extension, that show firefox "save as" dialog on
specifying URLl and give a choice which program to save it with.

Help please!

Nickolay Ponomarev

Oct 12, 2009, 1:55:38 AM10/12/09
to dev-extensions

> This is the same question as
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1541774/firefox-3-x-extensions-dialog-save-as-choice-opener-how-openand
I was about to give the same answer as sdwilsh gave there, when I
noticed you're actually talking about the Download/Open in dialog, not about
the Save As dialog.

Unfortunately I discarded my draft where I shown step by step how to find
the openURL function using mxr, but try using
http://mxr.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/ to figure out how Firefox opens that
dialog. You already know its URL.

Nickolay