XUL Overlay question

Philip Reames

Nov 1, 2006, 9:45:40 AM11/1/06
to dev-ext...@lists.mozilla.org
How do I replace an existing element? (IE. remove it and add one with
the same name)

Here's my situation: I'm trying to modify the collapsedHeaderView in
msgHeaderOverlay.xul. This id is hard coded into several javascript
files including msgHeaderOverlay.js, so I have to modify it rather than
hide it and insert another element. I would like to be able to create
an overlay of msgHeaderOverlay.xul which removes the current
collaspedHeaderView element and adds a new one of my own construction.
Is this possible? And if so, how?

Yours,
Philip Reames

Eric H. Jung

Nov 1, 2006, 12:05:49 PM11/1/06
to Philip Reames, dev-ext...@lists.mozilla.org
You can use the DOM API to remove elements.
http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/DOM:element.removeChild

Yours,
Philip Reames