End-of-life for b2g-android

Chris Jones

Dec 25, 2011, 1:19:00 PM12/25/11
to mozilla...@lists.mozilla.org
We just merged in support for running b2g-gonk on qemu. To my knowledge, that's the last hard blocker for removing b2g-android.

So, b2g-android is now officially unsupported. Huzzah!

This unblocks the following changes, which will start happening in the near future
- removal of JDK/JRE as build tool dependencies
- simplification of INSTALL instructions
- simplification of Makefile
- removal of newly-dead code in glue/gonk; hundreds of MBs of git history. This means faster b2g clones and faster build times.

Cheers,
Chris

Dec 26, 2011, 4:52:59 AM12/26/11
to Chris Jones, mozilla...@lists.mozilla.org
On Sun, Dec 25, 2011 at 7:19 PM, Chris Jones <cjo...@mozilla.com> wrote:
>  - removal of newly-dead code in glue/gonk; hundreds of MBs of git history.  This means faster b2g clones and faster build times.

OMG it's what I've always wanted for Christmas!