Mail Server List

Gervase Markham

Jul 31, 2008, 12:44:16 AM7/31/08
Getting people to try Thunderbird is vital, but currently it is hard for
normal people to configure. Automatic Configuration fixes this, but any
implementation will need data on the correct configuration information
for as many ISPs and email providers as possible.

We are starting an initiative to gather this data. Please visit the wiki
page about it:
http://wiki.mozilla.org/MailServerList
and you will learn how to submit information about mail providers you
know about.

This email is being copied to the l10n list - I hope localizers (of
whichever product :-) will be able to take the time to add details for
the major services in their country.

This data is being placed in the public domain, and so can be used by
any email client, not just Thunderbird.

Gerv

Ricardo Palomares Martí­nez

Aug 15, 2008, 4:24:23 PM8/15/08
Gervase Markham escribió:

> We are starting an initiative to gather this data. Please visit the wiki
> page about it:
> http://wiki.mozilla.org/MailServerList
> and you will learn how to submit information about mail providers you
> know about.
>
> This email is being copied to the l10n list - I hope localizers (of
> whichever product :-) will be able to take the time to add details for
> the major services in their country.

Regarding the L10N part, how should we handle international sites like
yahoo.com vs. yahoo.es or yahoo.com.ar? Should we treat it as
different sites based on the different domain name?

TIA

Message has been deleted

Ricardo Palomares Martí­nez

Aug 19, 2008, 2:43:21 PM8/19/08
Peter Weilbacher escribió:
> Finally wanted to take a look, but Google wants me to log in first. Is
> that intended? (I don't have an account with them and I really don't
> want one...)

You can create an account using your current e-mail provider, don't
necessarily have to create a Gmail account. For instance, I log into
Google using my Yahoo e-mail. If you use Blogger, you probably already
have a Google account.

But yes, you need to log into Google. :-)

HTH

Gervase Markham

Aug 21, 2008, 6:28:23 AM8/21/08
Ricardo Palomares Martí­nez wrote:
> Regarding the L10N part, how should we handle international sites like
> yahoo.com vs. yahoo.es or yahoo.com.ar? Should we treat it as
> different sites based on the different domain name?

If they have the same settings, just add them to the existing line. If
they have different settings, they'll need to be on different lines :-)

Gerv

Message has been deleted