Send to Functionality lost when right clicking on files/images etc

Gel

Dec 9, 2010, 7:01:45 PM12/9/10
I seem to have lost ability on my T'Bird e mail to right click on a
document etc and to use SEND TO feature, to send to e mail.
Not sure when I lost, but had T Bird update tonight.

I downloaded prog to easily add items to SEND TO context menu, and
it's set up to point to T Bird.exe file;
perhaps that's wrong location?
Am running Vista 32 Premium.

Any advice appreciated. :)

Jonathan Protzenko

Dec 10, 2010, 2:57:51 AM12/10/10
to Gel, Ludovic Hirlimann, dev-apps-t...@lists.mozilla.org
I've also lost the ability to open mailto: links from Firefox with
Thunderbird on Linux, I wonder if it has anything to do with this...
Ludo, does it ring a bell to you?

Ludovic Hirlimann

Dec 10, 2010, 3:08:57 AM12/10/10
to Gel

Sounds like simple mapi is broken. I unfortunately don't remember which
registry key to look for. Please take the time to read
http://kb.mozillazine.org/MAPI_Support and let use know if you've solved
your issue. If that doesn't help then please file a bug.

Ludo
--
Ludovic Hirlimann MozillaMessaging QA lead
http://www.spreadthunderbird.com/aff/79/2

Ludovic Hirlimann

Dec 10, 2010, 3:11:01 AM12/10/10
On 10/12/10 08:57, Jonathan Protzenko wrote:
> I've also lost the ability to open mailto: links from Firefox with
> Thunderbird on Linux, I wonder if it has anything to do with this...

I don't think so we don't hook mapi32.dll anywhere on linux.

> Ludo, does it ring a bell to you?

On linux i'd run gconf and check that te settings in gconf are corrects.

Gel

Dec 10, 2010, 5:18:19 PM12/10/10
On Dec 10, 8:11 am, Ludovic Hirlimann <ludo...@mozillamessaging.com>
wrote:

I found a fix for Vista here:
Simple utility fices:-

http://www.winhelponline.com/articles/179/1/Restore-missing-Mail-Recipient-entry-to-the-Send-To-menu-in-Windows-Vista.html

Not sure if fault was in Vista or T Bird settings.

jenzed

Dec 15, 2010, 4:47:55 PM12/15/10

There is a Thunderbird Knowledge Base article that describes how to
set the default mail client on various platforms:
http://support.mozillamessaging.com/en-US/kb/Make+Thunderbird+the+Default+Mail+Client

Jen
--
Jennifer Zickerman