Error: Can't run /Developer/usr/bin/xcodebuild (no such file)

Nomis101

Mar 9, 2012, 3:44:52 PM3/9/12
Since I've switched to Xcode 4.3 I have a few problems building
Thunderbird. One problem is, it searches for xcodebuild in /Developer/
usr/bin, which doesn't exist anymore.

/Volumes/Developer/comm-beta/mail/components/activity/jar.mn
processing /Volumes/Developer/comm-beta/mail/components/activity/
jar.mn
/usr/bin/xcodebuild -project TBSpotlight.xcodeproj -target thunderbird
-configuration Release GCC_VERSION="" SYMROOT=build ARCHS="x86_64"
SDKROOT="/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.7.sdk"
MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET="10.7"
Error: Can't run /Developer/usr/bin/xcodebuild (no such file).
make[7]: *** [libs] Error 1
make[6]: *** [libs] Error 2
make[5]: *** [libs] Error 2
make[4]: *** [libs_tier_platform] Error 2
make[3]: *** [tier_platform] Error 2
make[2]: *** [default] Error 2
make[1]: *** [default] Error 2
make: *** [build] Error 2

How can this be fixed?

Nomis101

Mar 10, 2012, 5:24:57 AM3/10/12
I was able to fix/workaround(?) this with:
$ sudo xcode-select -switch /Developer/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer

Steve

Mar 18, 2012, 5:33:41 PM3/18/12
On Mar 10, 5:24 am, Nomis101 <fgdghfuhc...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> I was able to fix/workaround(?) this with:
> $ sudo xcode-select -switch /Developer/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer

This didn't work for me, maybe as I've only just installed Xcode 4.3.1
and all I've done is install the command line tools (not used Xcode
before, so also registered as a Developer after installing Xcode). I
did however use the solution above with a slightly different path:

$ sudo xcode-select -switch /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer