comm-central closed/reopening status

Mark Banner

Jul 18, 2009, 2:36:05 PM7/18/09
Just a short note to let folks know that although we've finished cutting
the TB 3b3 and SM 2b1 releases I'm keeping the tree closed a bit longer.
This is so that I can land two patches:

Bug 481835 client.py should use hg pull without -r tip argument

This will fix some situations where branches can confuse hg and pulling.
We originally had to do it because hg had a bug in it which was causing
frequent issues with corrupt repositories.

The hg.mozilla.org server has now been updated to 1.2 so that should be
fixed. Hence I'll be landing the patch shortly and giving it some time
to bake to make sure we don't get the problems back again.

Bug 490118 Drop the redundant /resources/ in mailnews directories

This is a reorganisation that we've been waiting for a quiet period to
do, hence now is a good time.

Whilst the client.py one is backing, I may land additional patches over
the next day or so to give the tinderboxes more to think about. These
will typically be small patches just to cause extra pulls and rebuilds.

I'm currently hoping to reopen the tree sometime on Sunday or early
Monday depend on how the landings go.

Standard8

Mark Banner

Jul 19, 2009, 2:41:45 PM7/19/09
On 18/07/2009 19:36, Mark Banner wrote:
> Bug 481835 client.py should use hg pull without -r tip argument
>
> This will fix some situations where branches can confuse hg and pulling.
> We originally had to do it because hg had a bug in it which was causing
> frequent issues with corrupt repositories.

This has landed with no issues so far, so (if you hadn't noticed) the
tree is now reopen.

Standard8