Migration of draft wiki from Tb: to Thunderbird:

Gary Kwong

Mar 11, 2008, 1:19:05 PM3/11/08
The draft wiki at http://wiki.mozilla.org/Tb has been up for about a
week, and it'll be time to migrate over from Tb: to Thunderbird:.

No currently existing pages will be deleted; they'll probably be moved
or something, so no data will be lost. Initially there might be broken
links (e.g. to Tb:foo instead of Thunderbird:foo) or so, but hopefully
that'll get sorted out after a couple of days.

dmose has pointed out a recommended timeframe to migrate at the end of
this week, ~14 march, and I am supportive of that as well.

Any thoughts/objections about this timeframe?

Gary

Wayne Mery

Mar 12, 2008, 9:34:58 AM3/12/08

Sounds good.

Does it make sense to add a "How to help", even if we haven't yet
identified all the ways (there are many) that someone might help? Not
sure where to place it. FWIW Seamonkey's heading along these lines is
"Get Involved".

Also, I'm thinking there must be a better term for the major heading
"Development" - something more generic, more encompassing, less
intimidating. Can't put my finger on a suggestion just yet. Maybe it
should be a meld somehow of the "How to help"?

Wayne Mery

Mar 12, 2008, 10:01:10 AM3/12/08
On 3/12/2008 9:34 AM, Wayne Mery wrote:
> On 3/11/2008 1:19 PM, Gary Kwong wrote:
>> The draft wiki at http://wiki.mozilla.org/Tb has been up for about a
>> week, and it'll be time to migrate over from Tb: to Thunderbird:.
>>
>> No currently existing pages will be deleted; they'll probably be moved
>> or something, so no data will be lost. Initially there might be broken
>> links (e.g. to Tb:foo instead of Thunderbird:foo) or so, but hopefully
>> that'll get sorted out after a couple of days.
>>
>> dmose has pointed out a recommended timeframe to migrate at the end of
>> this week, ~14 march, and I am supportive of that as well.
>>
>> Any thoughts/objections about this timeframe?
>>
>> Gary
>
> Sounds good.
>
> Does it make sense to add a "How to help", even if we haven't yet
> identified all the ways (there are many) that someone might help? Not
> sure where to place it. FWIW Seamonkey's heading along these lines is
> "Get Involved".

related items on http://www.mozillamessaging.com/en-US/getinvolved/
Some of the items on this page may need to point to places in
Thunderbird wiki?

BTW, "test" on http://www.mozillamessaging.com/en-US/getinvolved/ points
to QMO, which speaks only of Firefox.

David Ascher

Mar 12, 2008, 10:52:06 AM3/12/08
to Wayne Mery, dev-apps-t...@lists.mozilla.org
Wayne Mery wrote:

> BTW, "test" on http://www.mozillamessaging.com/en-US/getinvolved/ points
> to QMO, which speaks only of Firefox.

My understanding was that if QMO is only about Firefox, it's because the
Tb community are not doing our bit to populate it with Thunderbird
content, not because it's not welcome there. I'm looking to fix that,
rather than to build a new site for Tb QA. Suggestions welcome.

--david

Dan Mosedale

Mar 12, 2008, 1:38:48 PM3/12/08
Gary Kwong wrote:
> The draft wiki at http://wiki.mozilla.org/Tb has been up for about a
> week, and it'll be time to migrate over from Tb: to Thunderbird:.
>
> No currently existing pages will be deleted; they'll probably be moved
> or something, so no data will be lost. Initially there might be broken
> links (e.g. to Tb:foo instead of Thunderbird:foo) or so, but hopefully
> that'll get sorted out after a couple of days.

So the only thing that's actually going to be moving is that single
page, correct? Everything else (except for stuff that's we don't want
to link to from the new iteration of the page) will disappear. (?)

Dan

Gary Kwong

Mar 12, 2008, 2:18:16 PM3/12/08
Dan Mosedale wrote:
> So the only thing that's actually going to be moving is that single
> page, correct? Everything else (except for stuff that's we don't want
> to link to from the new iteration of the page) will disappear. (?)

All currently existing pages will still remain on the wiki and can still
be accessed; albeit from a different location.

Gary

Dan Mosedale

Mar 12, 2008, 2:33:24 PM3/12/08

Except for, as I understood our f2f discussion, pages that are already
under Thunderbird:, which will stay where they are. Right?

Dan

Gary Kwong

Mar 12, 2008, 2:45:54 PM3/12/08
Dan Mosedale wrote:
> Except for, as I understood our f2f discussion, pages that are already
> under Thunderbird:, which will stay where they are. Right?

That's right.

Gary

Gary Kwong

Mar 13, 2008, 8:56:37 PM3/13/08
> dmose has pointed out a recommended timeframe to migrate at the end of
> this week, ~14 march, and I am supportive of that as well.
>
> Any thoughts/objections about this timeframe?

If there are no objections, the migration will go ahead tomorrow, 14 March.

Gary

Gary Kwong

Mar 14, 2008, 3:19:11 PM3/14/08
> The draft wiki at http://wiki.mozilla.org/Tb has been up for about a
> week, and it'll be time to migrate over from Tb: to Thunderbird:.

The migration to http://wiki.mozilla.org/Thunderbird:Home has been
completed and linked to from the front page of wiki.mozilla.org

The old page can still be accessed from
http://wiki.mozilla.org/Thunderbird with a note that it is out of date
and kept for archival purposes only.

All existing pages can still be accessed from their usual locations.

Gary

Gary Kwong

Mar 15, 2008, 8:54:43 AM3/15/08
> The old page can still be accessed from
> http://wiki.mozilla.org/Thunderbird with a note that it is out of date
> and kept for archival purposes only.

For clarity, the old wiki page has been moved to
http://wiki.mozilla.org/Thunderbird:Archived_Home_Page and
http://wiki.mozilla.org/Thunderbird redirected to the new page instead.

Gary