Thunderbird storage-idea

Celia Grosse

Oct 27, 2006, 12:29:30 PM10/27/06
to dev-apps-t...@lists.mozilla.org
I heard that Thunderbird will switch to a database-based storage with
version 3. But many people like the mbox-format. Would it be possible
to support both - the database storage-engine *and* the current storage
-technology whereas the latter sould be extended by a single transaction
-log (before- and after-image of changes to the files) to protect against
inconsistencies through crashes?

Chris Ilias

Oct 27, 2006, 11:38:50 PM10/27/06
_Celia Grosse_ spoke thusly on 27/10/2006 12:29 PM:

> I heard that Thunderbird will switch to a database-based storage with
> version 3.

Can you provide a link to that info?
--
Chris Ilias
mozilla.test.multimedia moderator

David Bienvenu

Oct 28, 2006, 8:53:51 PM10/28/06
I don't think we would abandon the option of using the mbox format.

- David

Celia Grosse

Oct 29, 2006, 10:07:58 AM10/29/06
David Bienvenu schrieb:

> I don't think we would abandon the option of using the mbox format.

Ok, but could you support the current format with an additional
transaction-log to prevent inconsistencies through crashes?