Quality Assurance plans for the upcoming releases leading to Thunderbird 3.0 final

Ludovic Hirlimann

Jul 6, 2009, 12:07:02 PM7/6/09
So I should have probably talked about this a bit earlier - but as dates
and plan changed quite a bit in the last month it's good that I did not.

The QA plan for the upcoming betas and RC is for now as follow :

Litmus Full Functionnal testing (FFT) for thunderbird 3.0b3

Litmus Basic Functionnal testing for 3.0b4
Litmus Migration from 2.x to 3.x for 3.0b4

Litmus FFT for RCs
Litmus Migration from 2.x to 3.x for Rcs

Dates for all of these testing efforts will be announced here and on
qualiry.mozilla.org.

As you will see if you participate to the Litmus testing[1] effort that
we are now breaking down tests platforms per os and platform. This let's
us better see what has been tested and where.

For those of you who are interested in testing Thunderbird, litmus is a
really easy tool to learn. You need an account (that's 10 minutes of
your time tops), you'll need a copy of Thunderbird (which copy and
versions will be announced on these newsgroups/mailing lists, they will
be announced on http://quality.mozilla.org/events and on the
thunderbird-testers mailing list.) and then time to spend reading how to
test , and enter the results of your testing.

On top of these lengthy events we will organize at least one test days -
these will be announced on the thunderbird-testers[2] mailing list and
probably here too.

[1] http://quality.mozilla.org/documents-home/test-docs/litmus-tutorial

Ludovic
--
Ludovic Hirlimann MozillaMessaging QA lead
http://www.spreadthunderbird.com/aff/79/2

NoOp

Jul 6, 2009, 2:22:30 PM7/6/09

For those that do litmus testing (smoke tests), I very much recommend
doing it from a fresh test profile rather than the exisiting user
profile. Using an existing profile (both for Thunderbird and SeaMonkey)
that has been customized for user use w/add-ons and extensions can skew
and affect the results.