thunderbird links don't get sent to firefox

Jeff Carr

Nov 1, 2006, 2:48:08 PM11/1/06
to dev-apps-t...@lists.mozilla.org
Clicking thunderbird links never get sent to firefox. I've gotten so
used to right clicking copy and then past the URL into a new firefox
tab that it is second nature.

Still, it would be useful to know how to configure thunderbird to
change it's behavior. As far as I can tell, there is not an option for
configuring this behavior in thunderbirds' preferences.

Debian sid: version 1.5.0.4 (20060619)

Enjoy,
Jeff

Cédric Corazza

Nov 1, 2006, 3:59:25 PM11/1/06
to dev-apps-t...@lists.mozilla.org
Jeff Carr a écrit :

Jeff,

Create a file, let's say fx_for_tb, make it executable and then
copy-paste this into it :

#!/bin/sh

export MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME=/usr/local/firefox
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:$MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME

# get URL to load
url=$1; [ -z $url ] && url=about:blank

# try xremote first
$MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME/mozilla-xremote-client openURL\($url\) && exit 0

# if xremote failed, then launch the browser
exec $MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME/firefox $url

Make sure your MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME is set correctly

Then, open the prefs.js file in your Thunderbird profile and copy-paste
the following lines :

user_pref("network.protocol-handler.app.ftp",
"/full_path_to_the_file/fx_for_tb");
user_pref("network.protocol-handler.app.http",
"/full_path_to_the_file/fx_for_tb");
user_pref("network.protocol-handler.app.https",
"/full_path_to_the_file/fx_for_tb");

Where full_path_to_the_file is the directory where you put the file

Hope this will help you

Cédric

EOS

Nov 5, 2006, 7:35:17 AM11/5/06
Jeff Carr wrote:

i had the same problem
it started with
Firefox 2.0 upgarde

now i have running
Firefox 2.0
and Thunderbird version 2 beta 1 (20061021)
and the problem is gone.

--
EOS
www.photo-memories.be