Firefox 3 Final won't update...

bob_...@hotmail.com

Jun 17, 2008, 4:40:22 PM6/17/08
I had Firefox 3 Release Candidate 3, and tried to check for updates
and got an error message. I downloaded Firefox 3 Final, and tried to
check for updates and got the same error message... The error message
says..."AUS: Update XML File Malformed (200)"

Any ideas why and how I can fix this?

Thanks...

Mike Beltzner

Jun 17, 2008, 4:49:22 PM6/17/08
to bob_...@hotmail.com, dev-apps...@lists.mozilla.org
On 17-Jun-08, at 4:40 PM, bob_...@hotmail.com wrote:

> I had Firefox 3 Release Candidate 3, and tried to check for updates
> and got an error message. I downloaded Firefox 3 Final, and tried to
> check for updates and got the same error message... The error message
> says..."AUS: Update XML File Malformed (200)"

This RC will never update, as there is no update to get. Congrats.
You're soaking in the final version. If you want to participate in
Download Day, go to getfirefox.com.

cheers,
mike

(the error is because our servers are hammered, but unreleated)

Millwood

Jun 17, 2008, 8:41:24 PM6/17/08
On 6/17/2008 Mike Beltzner wrote:
> This RC will never update, as there is no update to get. Congrats.
> You're soaking in the final version. If you want to participate in
> Download Day, go to getfirefox.com.

Never is a long time. Do you mean it won't update to R3.0 because it is
R3.0 or do you mean it will never update?

Shawn Wilsher

Jun 17, 2008, 10:36:22 PM6/17/08
to Millwood
Firefox 3.0 RC3 is the same build as Firefox 3.0. You'll update to
3.0.1 when it comes out.

Cheers,

Shawn