What GUI lib was used for developing Firefox 2.0 ?

Dolazy

Nov 3, 2006, 6:22:24 AM11/3/06
It seems to be very responsive and good looking. Is it a private gui
library?

Francis

Cheba

Nov 3, 2006, 6:42:26 AM11/3/06
It is Mozilla's own. By default it uses system control rendering
facilities. On Linux it's GTK+. AFAIK there is Qt variant. On Windows FF
uses WinAPI to draw its controls. Don't know what does FF uses on Macs.

Dolazy

Nov 3, 2006, 7:47:28 AM11/3/06

Cheba schreef:

It has a very different look and feel than the 1.x versions. I wonder
what they changed...

nrth...@gmail.com

Nov 3, 2006, 8:32:27 AM11/3/06
Dolazy wrote:
> Cheba schreef:
>
> > Dolazy wrote:
> > > It seems to be very responsive and good looking. Is it a private gui
> > > library?
> > >
> > > Francis
> > >
> > It is Mozilla's own. By default it uses system control rendering
> > facilities. On Linux it's GTK+. AFAIK there is Qt variant. On Windows FF
> > uses WinAPI to draw its controls. Don't know what does FF uses on Macs.

The theme is actually written in XUL, but some system colors and
widgets are used (it varies by platform).

> It has a very different look and feel than the 1.x versions. I wonder
> what they changed...

This page has all the nitty gritty of the changes
http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/Theme_changes_in_Firefox_2